Apps to disguise my phone numberGeneral

Last Updated:

1. 50chendt

50chendt Active Member

I was wondering if anyone knows any good apps to disguise my phone number so I can prank call some of my friends with it. I would love to be able to record the conversation but that isn't a necessity I just want to fake my number. Thanks.:D

2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, caller ID is handled at the carrier level, and not the phone itself. It just reads the number sent by the carrier. So there really isn't a good way to spoof your number through a normal line. Could be wrong though.

You can still use good ol fashioned *67 though. That tells your carrier not to send the number to receiving end of the call.

But maybe try googling "caller id spoof android". I'm sure its bound to turn up results.
  3. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

I just checked Google Voice. They say that for now they can only disguise your number when you send texts, but calls are coming soon. Check it out at
  4. Download Bluff My Call. I am having a field day with this app, calling a friend of mine using another person who we haven't talked to in a year and a half and leaving silly messages. It lets you call them or go straight to voice mail and you can disguise your voice as well.

Highly recommended.
  5. hamsterhonda

hamsterhonda Active Member

caller id faker, in app market.....

ive used it and have it on my phone,pretty funny
  6. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

Will you be doing this while outside of her house in the bushes? :eek:
  7. 50chendt

50chendt Active Member

i wasn't going to be using it for that but thanks for the idea!!! :D
  8. meanm50

meanm50 Well-Known Member

+1. Bluff my call is awesome. You can enter what phone number you want displayed when you call. I used it on my wife the other day to make her think her mom was was hilarious.
  9. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

HAHA this thread is awesome. Does anyone know how to send txts to someone and have a different number show up? IE: I text my buddy but the txt shows up on his phone as coming from his ex gf? Haha this is going to be epic if I can figure this out!
  10. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

My son uses Bluff My Call to get me all the time... and makes the calls look like they're coming from my own phone.
  11. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS APP!!! I've gotten myself into some absolutely horrible situations with this. I ended up deleting it from my phone because you can really F$%& someone over if your not careful.

I had a friend pay for a new phone because I kept calling from random numbers and hanging up right away! He didn't tell me he was getting another one or I would've stopped him.....Lesson learned....