• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps to help you start and keep a routine

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    One thing I'm really bad at is creating and sticking to a routine. It's easy to get distracted and forget or put off the excercise/fitness thing.

So far I've found the # of daily goal steps on Fitbit/Jawbone to be pretty motivating because you've got something to shoot for but it doesn't nudge you or urge you to get off your butt because you're not going to meet your goal.

I'm trying to create a routine that doesn't let me slack and this should help on both the fitness and dietary health side of things:
    • Wake up every morning and walk to starbucks (.7 miles)
    • Catch up completely on transactional e-mails
    • Walk to grocery store (.1 mile)
    • Buy lunch/dinner for that day/night (healthy!)
    • Walk home (.8 miles)

If I can do this daily, I think I've won half the battle. I'll be starting my day right, getting some excercise, and making sure I don't end up eating unhealthy food. It's so easy to get sucked into ordering food or dining out, but this should prevent that...

Now... any apps that can help me stick to this? I've heard of some that you set goals for yourself and if you don't reach them it posts to you social networks about how you failed for the day. Can't remember the names, though.

Any other good ideas for routines to stick to the fitness guns?

Reactions: Teresa Peterson

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones