Apps to SD Card?

Last Updated:

1. stupalmer36

stupalmer36 Active Member This Topic's Starter

How do you get your apps to your SD card? Sorry if this is a stupid question...just can't seem to figure it out.

Advertisement
  2. bigbee

bigbee Well-Known Member

If the app supports it, you will see this option when you click on the app under Manage applications. Not many do these days.

3. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

4. stupalmer36

stupalmer36 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info.

5. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

6. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

Thanks for starting this thread,

I switched all my apps that were able over to my SD card and found out that the screen icon for some turned into the generic droid after I did so. ended up having to uninstall/install those to get the correct icon back. does anyone know why they did that or a way to keep it from happening?

7. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

I would like to know when the HELL the all frkn apps can go to SD...???? I am sooooo FKN tired of running out of room on internal memory...JEEEZZUZ!!!!! it complely annoying(yea I know the dev's have to upgrade...well some have upgrade and DIDNT put that OPTION in) that pisses me off...unless someone tells me that dev's have a hard time doing that very thing, or perhaps it really DOES take a little while for updates. but like I said I update evryday(cause I go to market icon hit "downloads" and shows me what needs upgraded)...............

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

See my reply below....

All of them, for the foreseeable future, will never be able to go to the SDCard - because of the limitations of not running the app from system memory where it needs to be in certain cases.

Those cases are outlined in the following page: App Install Location | Android Developers

9. smacky

smacky Banned

Download ROM Manager and use that.

10. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

anyone rooted users try Move2SD Enabler to move apps to SD even ones that are claimed NOT movable?

App to SD is nice as it combines the ability to move (and move in bulk) - though you can move with no additional app of course - AND get a notification for new movable apps in 1 app.

SD watch is nice though as it is a small kb size and only alerts you to apps that just got downloaded and are movable. so if you have already moved your apps, this is nice as then from here on out, you can see what 'new' apps you download can be moved. Since I had manually moved all apps already, I use this to just inform me of new apps that can be moved.

11. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

You can also us Titanium Backup to force apps to sd.