Apps to SD Card?General

1. AceH

AceH Member

How do you move Apps from phone to sdcard?

Advertisement
    :
  2. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

You can't with this model. Not sure why they left it out, but they did. You've got 1.8 GB internal storage for apps. Everything else goes on the SD card.
  3. buddha99

buddha99 New Member

I was told this by an LG rep: "Due to requirements on Google’s Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS, applications can’t be moved to the SD card anymore. You can try a third party application to do this, although this is not recommended and we are not able to suggest or recommend one as we can’t support them."

Is it true?
  4. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

I've had Ice Cream Sandwich phones that were able to move apps to the SD card. I know this is certainly not true for all phones running ICS. I wonder what that rep was talking about.
  5. 1380anthony

1380anthony Member

I tried the sdk method using command prompt and even thoughf it says that ny preferd method of installating is on ext sd, it doesnt install them there. I tried something else. I created a folder named android with another one called data, then i download any game that contain the whole sd package,. I place it inside android /data folders and the i install tha app. Some are succesful, but other do not, it tells u that a certain amount of space is requiered. Wildblood works great, this game is awesome. Tried with need for speed, modern combat 4, batman and doesnt work. Modern cambat 3 works to, so try it and wildblood. Install on your phone piratebay app and adownloader and move file using astro file manager and done. Remember create folderr on ext sd adroid/ data and place sd content here and then install the app
  6. StanO360

StanO360 Well-Known Member

I have a hacked Kindle Fire with 4.2.2 on it and it allows some apps to be "moved" to the SD card (the fire has no SD card but my hack apparently only gives a limited space for apps.)
  7. atljatl

atljatl Well-Known Member

8. grahamc1965

grahamc1965 Member

If your rooted , use link2sd .
    Link2SD
    benslgdroid likes this.