Apps to SD makes widgets go awaySupport

Last Updated:

1. I've had my DInc2 about 2 weeks. I have 2.3.3. Because the phone only has 1gb internal storage, I've been trying to put all my apps on my SD card. But when I put certain apps (Pandora, MSpot, Noom, etc) to SD, my widgets for those apps go away and there's no option to re-add them. I think I could use quite a bit less of my internal storage if I moved those to my SD card, but I like the widgets for those apps. Any suggestions?

I did a search for this before adding this thread. My apologies if I missed one like it.

sid52 likes this.
  2. sid52

sid52 Active Member

If you need the widgets you'll need to leave on the phone memory. Most of these apps state this in their documentation.

3. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Only has 1gb of internal memory eh? My old Ally had maybe 140mb after a clean flash of a very debloated ROM.

Widgets have never worked on SD unless you've had an ext partition.
  4. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

As its been said widgets wont work for apps stored on the sd card. my suggestion, move everything you can to the sd card if you want but keep the apps whose widgets you use in internal memory. 1 gig is still a lot of app storage for apps whose widgets you may find youself using.
  5. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

The PowerAmp app requires you to download a widget if you plan on moving the app to the sd card. I tried it without downloading the widget but no joy so I got the widget and it works fine now.

As far as only 1GB of storage, it's alsmost 50% more space than the original Incredible had (since you can't store apps on the 6.6GB internal storage partition).