• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps to SD

Apps2SD Pro v2.73 says:

The device does not have a real primary external storage,
or the primary external storage is emulated. Moving app to
SD function may not be supported by this device.

Hmmm, looks like it's an Android issue, according to item #8 here:
A0Soft Inc. - The #1 world clock shareware for Android handheld

Luckily, the GS3, Note, etc. have the same issue, so people are actually working on it. Directory Bind seems to be the workaround:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410262

And there's also another potential solution, which swaps the internal and external drives:
Move Apps to SD card (Directory Bind)

I'll give the Directory Bind a try, using Dragon's Lair.

Upvote 0
I wonder if the vold.fstab folder can be modified to swap storage locations? I have read about other phones having the same problem and this mod working. Problem is I have no idea how to write the changes. I have found an ICS folder on XDA but don't know if it is generic or the changes are phone specific. Again, why did Pantech make this so difficult?

Upvote 0
Link2sd works.

Whoo hoo! Works like a charm! I moved everything over 10mb to the card.

I installed the app, and it said that I needed a 2nd partition on my SD card. So I popped out my 32gb SD and plugged it into my PC, and use Erasmus (or something like that) Partition Manager to reduce the single 32gb FAT32 partition to 20gb, and then created a new FAT32 partition with the available 10gb or so.

I used the Link To SD option to move the apps.

Upvote 0
Whoo hoo! Works like a charm! I moved everything over 10mb to the card.

I installed the app, and it said that I needed a 2nd partition on my SD card. So I popped out my 32gb SD and plugged it into my PC, and use Erasmus (or something like that) Partition Manager to reduce the single 32gb FAT32 partition to 20gb, and then created a new FAT32 partition with the available 10gb or so.

I used the Link To SD option to move the apps.

I was able to move apps to my sd using something else but every time I tried to use the app I would have to reinstall it. At that point I had a copy on the sd as well as one on internal sd. Does that happen with this app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones