Apps to speed up phone?Support

Last Updated: 2011-09-13 17:37:51
  1. omgu8myrice

omgu8myrice Well-Known Member

I really like this phone. Everything but the lag. I almost feel like this dual core stuff is a marketing hype because this phone is significantly laggier than any other android phone I've had to date, despite wiping it twice now.

I just rooted it and was looking into using setcpu, but it seems a bit more complicated than I'd like to mess with. Is there anything simpler out there that can effectively increase the speed of this phone?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. dejo

dejo Member

3. roy5000x2

roy5000x2 Well-Known Member

You have several options that could potentially help you out to make your phone feel quicker.

SetCPU won't be of much help in making your phone faster, as the kernal caps the CPU speed to 1 GHz.

An app that freezes other apps (like Titanium Backup) could be used to freeze "bloat" programs. I say freeze instead of delete, since the phone needs to see every stock up in order to be updated. Getting Started with the X2 - Easy Root and Bloat Clean up [6/3/11] - xda-developers (there's a thread out there with an even more extensive list, but I can't find it at the moment.)

SD Speed Increase is another app on the Market I have found to speed up my phone when it comes to reading files. Set it to 2048 for the best results.

If you still want more after that, you'll need to run some scripts. Here are several that are easy to use and set up: 3GTurboCharger, V6 Supercharger And 98KickAssKernelTweaks By Zeppelinrox

The final steps if you still want more would be reading though here: Droid X2 Android Development - xda-developers
    I won't point you to any certain topics, since you really need to do some reading to understand what is going on before you try anything. That's just my recommendation though.
    rmpage and cmonster like this.