1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Apps trying to automatically restoring to my phone.

Last Updated:

1. boss1197

boss1197 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok having a bit of a problem here. I have been messing around with some ROMs on my Droid1, every time I flash a new rom it auto restores my apps. It hasn't done this at all until today. I have tried disabling it in my settings but it still doesn't stop. Also when I go into the downloads page in the market to cancel them, I can some of them but when I try to cancel the others if causes the market to force close. I would like to know if there is anyway to stop google from auto downloading them when I sign in? When I turned off the backup it said it would delete the info from googles servers, but it obviously has not lol because I have tried flashing the rom over again since then. I know most people would like this to happen, but I want a clean install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

It is the new 2.2 Google Backup that causes this. Maybe you should you remove all your apps, wait for it to sync, then you whenever you flash another ROM it will not try to restore anything.

boss1197 likes this.
  3. boss1197

boss1197 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I will give that a try. Hopefully that will stop it.