1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Apps will download but not install--install button greyed outSupport

1. amerikanbeat

amerikanbeat New Member

Many non-market apps will download, but when I go to install them (or after it looks as though they have auto installed), the "install" button is greyed out and it isn't listed among my installed apps.

My software is up to date, and I am set to allow non-market apps.

I would not be as concerned except this is a replacement phone and I know for a fact that the same apps installed fine on my last (identical) phone.

Thanks to anyone who can assist!

Joshua L.

Advertisement
    :
  2. FishDoctor

FishDoctor Well-Known Member

Go to Settings ==> Applications, and make sure that the "Unknown sources" option is checked.
  3. amerikanbeat

amerikanbeat New Member

Yeah, I do actually have that option checked. That's what I meant by "set to allow non-market apps" but I probably wasn't clear. Thanks though.
  4. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Same issue here with my droid x. I'm running the gingerbread leak. After a reboot install works again for some time before it goes grey again. Can't figure out what the trigger is.

Does your install button work again right after a reboot? Are you on gb?
  5. robs246

robs246 New Member

If you had installed an app called "Screen Filter" and had enabled it, that app makes the Install button in the Application Installer disabled.
    For this if you want to install a 3rd party app, just disable screen filter , install the app and re-enable screen filter and you are done.

Hope that helps.

Vivek
  6. Woxx17

Woxx17 Active Member

Ive had similar problems, if you have a custom ROM try reflashing it, if its the stock ROM, then try a factory reset. This usually works on most of the phones Ive tried it on. I wish you luck :)