• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps with decent audio messaging function

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, just hope there is someone out there who can help with this.

I use a pretty good instant messenger app called Line which has an audio function that lets you send voice messages. However, you have to hold your finger down on the screen in order to record the message, and then as soon as you take your finger off the screen, the message is sent. I think its called "touch and send" or something. I don't like that !!

I used to use an instant messenger app called Touch, which had a FAR better audio function where you just pressed "record" and you could talk for up to 10 minutes (without holding your finger down on the screen), then press stop and either play it back, delete it, or send it. That was PERFECT ! But they've shut down the server and basically discontinued the app.

So my question is - does anyone know of an instant messenger app that lets you send audio messages WITHOUT having to hold your finger down on the screen ? I've searched and searched but I'm danged if I can find one anywhere ! I'd be really grateful if anyone knows of one and can let me know. Oh, btw I am using a HTC One M8.

Last edited:
I was going to tell you Textra, but I just tried it, and it took my "recorded audio" and changed it to Actual Text....
I was a bit shocked, I am going to have to use that more often, 100 times faster than my pinky fingers. :D

* Textra SMS - Android Apps on Google Play

I have an app called "Voice Recorder" that will take a recording and then once it is done, you can click on the file and "Share it" to any app you have on your phone. I tried to send it thru Textra which did accept it to send, and the "Sent message" will play back to me.....

but, the recipient did not get that voice recording....
however, it works perfect with Email apps.

for some reason, I can't find it on Play Store now, this one came up when I did a google search:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.cedat.note

I found it, it isn't on Play Store anymore, and it works like a champ:
http://android-apk.org/apk/com.sec.android.app.voicenote/2.15.04081040/huskerbri/

What'sApp will do what you want, but your recipients must also have What'sApp
* WhatsApp Messenger - Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones