apps wont delete/Factory reset NOT workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. teardropcity

teardropcity Member This Topic's Starter

Just bought a Verizon tab on Sunday. It is still stock, not rooted. Was using Launcher Pro and Dolphin HD. Was running well, until earlier tonight, when random apps started force closing then I noticed that several apps that I had downloaded before, and I had then deleted, were now showing back up installed. I have deleted them all since several times from Market and or Astro. I have also changed the wallpaper, and after a reboot, all settings would revert, bringing back the deleted apps and the old wallpaper.
    Finally after numerous reboots, I decided to do a factory reset, and it is NOT working. It runs though the process, but when it boots back up, it still shows the old deleted apps and old wallpaper. PLEASE HELP!

Advertisement
  2. katinsc

katinsc Active Member

have you gone to Task manager found in the app folder, think there is a tab on top that you can delete the apps. I am sure someone else will respond if this is not correct. this happened to me and I found even tho i deleted thru market they kept re appearing.. guess it is like a hard boot of the drive.

3. teardropcity

Tried that as well, everytime, the apps are gone until I do a reboot.
    It really concerns me that factory reset is not working. I cant find anyone else online with this issue, so it seems like I got a lemon, and am gonna need to exchange it?

4. Lima Lima A MF

Lima Lima A MF New Member

I had the same issue, and took it back to the store and the techs were working on it and had the same results. They issued me a replacement and the issue was sent up for further review for a solution.

5. teardropcity

Yeah, I returned mine the next day after it happened and exchanged it.
    Good to know it was not just me having the problem, but it looks like it is pretty rare.

6. nevrlose

nevrlose New Member

I am having the same problem with apps repeatedly shutting down. I have manually deleted everything and did a hard reset 3 times and it just keeps coming back. It will be going back this evening but I really don't like the fact that my email account info, passwords, contacts, etc... will not delete. Guess I will be changing passwords all evening.

7. Ali Baba

Ali Baba New Member

I am too having the same problem

:mad::mad::mad:

8. Genner21

Genner21 New Member

I am having the same issue..

I bought it off a lady in craigslist and all her information, photos, contacts are still on the device after I have tried reformatting it twice.

two ways I did it:
    1. When powered off>power + up> and walks you through resetting it
    2. off the privacy options>reset to factory

Went to verizon and they had no clue.
    I think the tablet is still under warranty but Have no idea if i'll be able to exchange since i'm not the original purchaser. I was hoping to be able to factory reset this tab through the computer.

9. NehpetsDnalb

NehpetsDnalb New Member

I seem to have the same problem. Ive spent literally the whole weekend on it with no luck. The internal sd memory (not the sd card thats fine) restores itself to previous after reboot.
    If i connect to the pc via usb and load with data and movies they copy across fine. If i download anything with the tablets browser. Its there. Until i reboot then its gone amd everything that was there previously is back. The same applies to apps downloaded ot uninstalled.
    Its sending me mad. Returning it is regrettably not an option. This was intended to replace my phone and im regretting it already. ,

10. LMatt

LMatt New Member

I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, it isn't new. I bought it refurbished roughly 1-2 years ago. No problems until about three weeks ago. I've tried uninstalling apps (screen, market, and task manager), changing wallpaper, updating apps manually, but to no avail. It has since become increasingly worse, now all of my installed apps update upon booting, but several have "invalid package" errors; I then update them from market and they update fine (until I turn the tab off again). Of course a few apps, even upon a successful update, won't open or work properly.

I mainly bought it to see if I'd like Tablets and use one regularly. While I didn't use it too regularly, I have still enjoyed it (until the recent mishaps). I have considered buying/upgrading to a new Samsung Galaxy model, but am hesitant due to my current situation.

11. runninscared2

runninscared2 New Member

I am having the same problem on a refurbished tab. Would really like a solution, as I am beyond warranty and think that my likelihood of solving is limited. There are many apps I can't un-install which creates even more problems. Tab is now un-functional. I agree with the hesitancy, but you might check other forums to see if the newer tabs have any users reporting these problems.