1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Apps won't reinstall

Last Updated:

1. Sterlingy

Sterlingy New Member This Topic's Starter

I have several apps that I am told need to be updated. Sometimes the files are downloaded but they won't install or sometimes the files won't even download.

One example is "We-Fi Connect." I decided to uninstall this app to see if it would reinstall, but that didn't solve the problem.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Sterling

Original Droid

Advertisement
  2. riverkid090

riverkid090 Well-Known Member

I have a smilar problem.. I downloaded Angry Bird Beta awhile back, and uninstall it try to download the full version. I can complete the download, but it won't allow me to install. Pls help!

3. amerifax

amerifax Well-Known Member

I would like to add to this a grave concern I have.

I have download Free programs that later come up with a update to download. The same is try for payed programs. My concern is if we download will we get a charge to our card in some cases? Has anyone have that happen?

Bob

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

You won't be charged a second time for a paid app you've downloaded. Google keeps track of all your purchases.

amerifax likes this.
  5. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Yea, and they even get it right about half the time.

I got billed twice for a few apps after a replacement EVO. 2 were worked out easily enough by calling the vendor. Sling and Google flatly refuse to refund the second $30 I was billed, even arguing with my credit card showing I electronicly agreed to the charge.

So yea, that is the way its supposed to work. It does not always. Be especially careful of sling. I like the app, but the company is dreadful to deal with and google is no help at all.

6. STLEVOFan

STLEVOFan Well-Known Member

The trick is to either remove the SD card or connect your phone to your computer as a disk drive (which basically disconnects SD card) and then retry the install. This happens frequently when apps are moved to the SD card. alternatively if you have moved the apps to the SD card you can move them back to the phone, install updates, and then move back to SD card. either way works for updates, this way will not work for Angry Birds.

7. amerifax

>>ven arguing with my credit card showing I electronicly agreed to the charge.<<

Someone had purchsed many program one night figuring since it was not regecting there must be money in the account. 99cents here and there with a few $1.99. 18 programs total. In the past if there was not enough to cover purchase it was rejected. This is using a Debit Card.

The purchases added up to less than $20. The over charges, that we never know about since the charges where accepted, came to over $400. SCREAM TIME!!!

It was the bank that revised every thing making it AOK. We felt for what ever the rezone it was a fraudulent transaction.

Now the money WAS GOOD. BUT...

It's was not Google when it's money short. It's the bank. Than Google want's documentation that money to vendor is straight or the bank to verify that it's fraud.

Also the bank did all the communication with the Debit Card Company.

8. thefreezerguy

thefreezerguy New Member

Same problem for me. I have a half a dozen apps that need updated. The download fails and says to try again later.
    I am also now having problems with gmail not syncing.

9. RoShaw

RoShaw New Member

10. amerifax

My money would be on calling the Bank to solve your problem.