• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps won't run in the background, some games won't even run at all.

MrMacheezmo

Lurker
Dec 11, 2012
So, from last night to tonight, something has gone horribly wrong with my 10.1
It appears a lot of apps won't run in the background, and when I hit the "Home" button, it will either crash the program, or just stop it from running properly. Also, all the widgets disappear from my homescreen, then reappear.

I have a few games that won't even properly start, and my emulator is one of them. I have put in waaaaay too many hours in Earthbound to just try to reset my tablet. If anyone has any ideas on what could fix it, I will will be eternally grateful.
PLEASE help me fix this. I am at a loss.
Thank you.

Yes. Multiple times. I've also deleted a couple apps that I downloaded last night (Currents, An RPG game whose name escapes me) and restarted since then.

What you're describing sounds like an app has gone haywire although not knowing what apps you have, it would be hard to pinpoint which one might be causing you trouble.
My best advice would be to get rid of whatever you recently installed before this problem occurred.

As far as not wanting to reset your tablet, I can def understand that and even if you did, the only way to preserve user data (Earthbound) would be to root which I'm not advising you to do- that would have to be your choice.

Reactions: MrMacheezmo
Upvote 0
What you're describing sounds like an app has gone haywire although not knowing what apps you have, it would be hard to pinpoint which one might be causing you trouble.
My best advice would be to get rid of whatever you recently installed before this problem occurred.

As far as not wanting to reset your tablet, I can def understand that and even if you did, the only way to preserve user data (Earthbound) would be to root which I'm not advising you to do- that would have to be your choice.

Yeah, I really don't want to root.
I'm pretty sure I've gotten rid of every thing I installed between when my tab was working and now... So I really hope I figure this thing out.
It will be a tragedy if not, because I doubt I'll re-invest those hours in Earthbound, and I never beat it when I was a kid, either...
This. Is. A. Disaster.

Thanks anyway!

Upvote 0
do you have any 3rd party launchers installed? i find that they sometimes cause crashes and hog up the memory? also install app cache cleaner from the play store, that should get rid of a bit of junk.

I don't have any 3rd party launchers.

This app cache cleaner, does it run the chance of messing with any saved files (save games, etc.)?

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones