• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps You Would Like To See

Looking for an app that would disable my daughters phone from texting specifically (and possibly calling) during a time frame that I can set with password protection so that she could not over-ride it. She has a real problem with texting during school and mom won't let me take the phone away. I was thinking maybe a program that enabled and disabled the airplane mode automatically would work just as long as it has a password to access the settings. If anyone knows of something like this out there I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Looking for an app that would disable my daughters phone from texting specifically (and possibly calling) during a time frame that I can set with password protection so that she could not over-ride it. She has a real problem with texting during school and mom won't let me take the phone away. I was thinking maybe a program that enabled and disabled the airplane mode automatically would work just as long as it has a password to access the settings. If anyone knows of something like this out there I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

You should talk to your wireless provider they can likely do this from their end

Upvote 0
You should talk to your wireless provider they can likely do this from their end

In my day if you brought a cell phone to school they suspended you for 10 days... it was considered drug paraphernalia. Now I'm starting to see the many other good reasons for this rule :p After all, they don't need a cell phone in class. If they were made to leave them in the locker that would be ok I suppose.

Upvote 0

Maybe these are worth a gander?

Android Parental Control - Android app on AppBrain

Android Parental Control | Parental Control Software

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones