AppsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

aren't you guys annoyed mainstream apps are only for iphone. It is quiet annoying

Like starbucks
    abc 7 news
    urban outfitters
    oscars
    etc

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I wouldn't use any of that stuff anyway so it doesn't bother me. The more popular the Android OS becomes the more apps we will see like this.

If you really want to see an app though, you should find and contact the developer and suggest an Android app. Most developers are more than happy to get into new markets.

3. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ya i emailed a couple developers about making android apps. They tell me the same thing that They are working on it

Also some said they only make apple apps.

Just saying. You Take what they give.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

That will change with time or they will run out of things to do. ;)

5. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'm not annoyed so much as patiently waiting. As more people buy Android phones, and I think that more people will, good developers will want to come to market, and companies like Starbucks will want to get our mindshare with their own, official app.

7. falltime

falltime Well-Known Member

Pocket Tunes and/or Sirius-XM

INSANE that I cant get Sirius on the Android

8. hybridowner

hybridowner Active Member

Actually, I think a lot of developers are not embracing Android and the problem was brought to light in a recent interview with a successful iPhone app company. Heres the problem. If you're developing for Apple, you develop for a single hardware manufacturer and a single OS version, simple as that, it either works or it doesn't. How many different hardware manufacturers are there of Android phones all using different chips and different hardware configurations? Now take that and compound it with how many different version of Android are there out there.... 1.5, 1.6, 2.01, 2.1 and on and on and on. Now we all know that lots of apps for 2.x don't work on 1.5 and vice versa. And we all know from reading reviews that the apps that work on the Eris might not work on the G1 or the Moto Droid or the ..... and on and on and on. So now you're the app dev pulling your hair out trying to get these apps to work on every different hardware platform and every different version of Android and you can see the problem a dev might have, especially if the app is not just a simple app. So there are lots of iPhone devs out there that are waiting, they have a much smaller investment in the iPhone app development because of the consistent platform and a much bigger return. To them Android = a lot bigger investment to get a working app and a smaller return. Here's a link to the interview that I mentioned:

For many devs, Android is still a dilemma | DroidDog Android Blog