apps?

Last Updated:

1. dave31175

dave31175 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apologies in advance 1) if my question is too stupid, and 2) if it's not posted in an appropriate place. I'm considering the Hero (or maybe EVO) when my contract is up, but have a question about installing apps. I read a lot about Apple rejecting apps for the iphone, and get the impression that the official app store, with only apple-approved apps, is the only way to get iphone apps. Do android apps work like that too? with only google-approved apps being installable?

Advertisement
  2. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

No, there's a market full of apps from different developers, with different choices for similar apps (for example many different notepad apps or file manager apps) but you can get apps from sources other than the market too (just need to check the box under settings to allow install of non-market apps). And lots of apps are free :D

3. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

You can also install non-market apps (unless you go with ATT because they block it). 40,000 apps and growing strong

4. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

You can goto androidlib.com and check out some of the apps available with screen shots too. There are even apps available that are not in the market but is limited and usually cost a bundle.

:cool: