Apps2sd and partition sd card

Last Updated:

1. irishjohn

irishjohn Member This Topic's Starter

okay i am fairly new to android and i would like to put the apps2sd program on my phone so i can save to my sd card. anybody have a easy step by step process to do this?

Advertisement
  2. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

First thing first Welcome!

Second, there is no way to do this without rooting your phone. My recommendation is the following:

Follow this tutorial to get your SD CARD ready for App2sd: YouTube - How to Partition SD Card for Android

Then install BH_MAN http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/54769-port-galaxy-1-6-behold-2-a.html R11 ROM so you can really be happy.

Please READ all the threads before posting any questions, along the lines we have covered any possible problem that can happen to you.

Anything please keep it in this thread, we will help you accordingly.

Luck!

tritran18518 likes this.
  3. tritran18518

tritran18518 Well-Known Member

so i suppose to have 1 fat32 partition, 2 Ext2 partitions.

4. megabiteg

Well for the image that we use on the BH2 you don't need Swap partition, so you would have 1 FAT32 and 1 Ext2 or 3 (don't use 4). Also not recommended to make it more than 128MB due to performance issues.

Let me know if you need additional help.

tritran18518 likes this.
  5. tritran18518

for FAT32 or Ext2 or both ?

6. megabiteg

My bad for not specifying, the 128MB (i would say a max of 256MB) will be for the Ext2/3 partition you create.

Fat32 can be up to 16GB (which is the max the phone will support.)

tritran18518 likes this.
  7. tritran18518

I get it. Thank for helping. ^^

megabiteg likes this.
  8. megabiteg

9. apicia

apicia Member

Hey neighbor. Trying to fix my daughter's phone and need to partition and format the internal SD. I accidently ran the Odin for my Vibrant and repartition as option. I messes up the internal sd partitions.

How can I repartition and format the internal Behold 2 sd? I want to then do a complete stock reflash.

10. JayRulen

JayRulen Member

i found the faster way then that go in the market and install Link2SD make sure u have su permission and ur all set i have a 16g sd with over 150+ apps using take5 rom still have 98mb of free space out of 128mb hope i helped do hit THANKS ;)

11. apicia

apicia Member

I can't seem to get root access of my Behold 2. It came with 1.6 from T-Mobile. The ADB process does not work anymore. I can't find a one click app from the market. Any ideas?

12. JayRulen

JayRulen Member

go into you recovery mode if that dont work try flashing a new rom take5 or galaxy r12

apicia likes this.
  13. apicia

apicia Member

I have the BH_MAN_Take5 and the EUGENE373_PDA_FINAL. Which one would you use and why? What are the big differences?

wwinks98 likes this.
  14. JayRulen

JayRulen Member

ummmm lol i have both i have 2 behold 2 :p 1 with take5 other with EUGENE373_PDA_FINAL aka r12 take5 is more stable and galaxy is fast take5 has the reg stock camera n video while r12 is just a basic n take5 have vibration while r12 does not i love r12 cause its way faster and u can do ur own lil mods to it take5 sum thing dont work like half the items in recovery while r12 has about 1 or 2 problems its really up 2 up why not give both a test run for a week rite now im using r12 cause im trying to do a lil mod i dont like the white bar =( i miss the take5 status bar =)

oh one more thing that will really help u is **** better terminal **** it come preloaded on the take5 u can get 1 from the market also

run program
    then type

su

if u get # <<< that # sign congrats ur rooted but if u get denied just reboot n try again if it keeps doing it go in recovery mode wait 7 sec n hit menu then try SU again

HOPE I HELPED im still a new to all this i just had the behold for about 2 months now :p

oh 1 more thing 4 us newbies

Take5
    &
    Galaxy r12

is done bye the same person named EUGENE = BH-MAN