apps2sd card..+.. ex2..3..

Last Updated:

1. azz

azz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I have just rooted my desire to group 2.2 with sense. But what's the business with this apps2sd thing? I want to save files on to memory card instead of it going to internal. As my internal is less now thanks to group lol. What do I need to get and what i is the difference between apps2sd and + etc. Thanks

Edit: see last posts for links to rom and radio which solves this prob and thankyou to everyone that helped me, im now helping others.

but if you were lost like me read through this whole post.

enjoy

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

a2sd is froyo implementation. a2sd+ is the rooted version. The latter is better IMO as it moves more data to SD and it does not rely on the developer to build in this functionality.

If group=froyo, go menu>settings>applications>mange applications

select an application you installed. there should be an option within it to move t6o SD card,.

3. azz

Yes I meant group lol. When I try that it only has that option on some, and those that does have that it says unable to move. I have downloaded an app called apps2sd I'm going to try

4. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

I have just installed the Leedroid rom and because I partitoned my sd card before install its automatic that it sets up a2sd+, nice and easy!

5. azz

so what you trying to say is if you partition it before and then install froyo it will let me save to card? i have the biggest headache now lol, im soo stressed. no one explains how to do it, all i hear is apps to sd, but that dont work, everytime you click it, it says unable to copy to card or sometimes the button is darken and you cant click it :'(

6. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

At least you can install it :D

7. azz

To conclude I have froyo with nothing on as i lost everythimg and can't copy or install apps to card and still no way of doing it. On the bright side flash works .. :(

8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I'm not certain as I only use a2sd+ which you HAVE to format/partition the SD card on, but maybe you have to with Froyo too?

Try it.

Install ROM manager and use that to partition your SD card if that fails, use Lekky's guide below.... If using rom manager, use the same settings as Lekky's Guide

You will need to have downloaded:
    pushfiles_windows.zip

• Remember to have backed up your normal sdcard before proceeding, as the next step will wipe all data from it.

1. Turn on your phone while holding the volume down button.
    2. You will see HBOOT on the screen.
    3. Use the volume buttons to move up and down and power button to select the RECOVERY option.
    4. You will now see a red triangle on the screen, at this point plug your phone into your PC via your microUSB cable.
    5. Double click on recovery-windows.bat inside the pushfiles_windows.zipfolder you unzipped as part of the root process.
    6. Using the optical trackpad select Partition sdcard > Partition SD
    7. Select SWAP=0, EXT2=512 and allow the rest to be FAT32.
    8. Select the SD:ext2 to ext3 option in this menu.
    9. Go back to the Recovery Console main menu and select Reboot system now. While rebooting, unplug the Desire from the USB port.

9. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

Almost mate, If you format a partition on your card then install Leedroid rom (froyo)it will install a2sd+ for you.

10. azz

is this rom better than that adam g's one? apparantly his is the best and is stable..

11. Saint_Viper

Saint_Viper Active Member

I used Rom manager to partition my sd card, then installed the Modoca rom which comes with a2sd+.

All works perfectly.

Just remember though if you partition your SD Card, it will wipe everything off it, so remember to back up if you need what is on there.

12. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

I have not tried any other Roms as this one suited my needs and has been so far excellent, but the method I used was the same as Saint_Viper (post above)

13. azz

ok guys im going to try leedroid rom, as it looks more clean and better battery plus up to date with updates. how do i partition it to ext 3? do i do this before teh update or after? thankyou

14. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

Before azz,download and install Rom manager, scroll to partition.

Edit.....dont forget this will wipe your sd card!!!!!!!

15. azz

Hi mate I did it. And now can get apps to card. There are bits i dialike about it and some I like. I dislike bootup, takes ages. I like the little battery thing in corner though.

16. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

Cool!!grab a copy of quadrant st. from the market and check out how mad fast your new phone is!

17. stueyboy

stueyboy Well-Known Member

Dunno if I'm doing this wrong. I partitioned the SD card from ROM manager then re-installed the froyo sense 1.0c ROM but still can't transfer to SD card. Any clues?

18. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

The Rom you install must support a2sd+ steyboy.Then apps will automatically be installed on the sd card.

19. stueyboy

What about the stock a2sd? the ROM I went for had that installed

20. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

Not the same mate, have a look at post 2 in this thread.

21. stueyboy

22. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

fab mate

23. azz

Leedroid Rom is by far the best froyo with sense. So quick and clean. A must have.

24. azz

Holy Jesus I used quadrant to check before with Adam g Rom and results came 4th on rank. Now I used leedroid Rom which i definitely prefer and tested quadrant on it and it came second in rank. wow!

25. halcyondays

halcyondays Well-Known Member

Ok, i'm still confused, in rom manager in the partition section whats the fist bit mean with 128MB,128MB and 512MB, i know they are sizes but what do i choose. and whats the swap thing?

I have to laugh at these threads starting with easiest way to do this and that. so many conflicting posts.

thanks for help