APPS2SD Complications

1. TheLedge93

TheLedge93 Member

Hey Dudes and Dudettes, i have a problem. and i hope you guys could maybe, possibly fix it. you see, i downloaded and installed recovery-RA-eris-v1.6.2-trackball-not-required.img http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...2-custom-recovery-trackball-not-required.html (thread) because my trackball wasn't working in amon ra. soo i do what i needed to do. and i try to set up apps2sd. i partition the sd card, but i physically don't have an option to convert the ext2 to ext3. which is kinda blowin me up here...any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I've updated the thread above with some new info: there does indeed seem to be a difference in the source
    file(s) that I retrieved and tweaked to make this trackball-optional recovery. I'm going to download and try to compile the source version that does include the partitioning menu options (if it compiles, I should be able to make my same alternate key changes). Stay tuned...I'll let you know.

Cheers!
  3. scary alien

Okay, I've got a new 1.7.1-based recovery recompiled (it'll still say Build 1.6.2 at the bottom of the screen). I just need to package it up and re-post it on the other thread.

I've tested that the trackball-alternative key navigation still works, but I'll let you, TL93, be my SD card partition tester :D (since I don't really want to partition my /sdcard). I do see that the menu items are back now...

Check back after a while...cheers!
  4. scary alien

5. TheLedge93

TheLedge93 Member

Sorry, mr.alien. work tiede up all weekend, and i wasnt able to check the forums. I ll get back with you asap.
  6. TheLedge93

TheLedge93 Member

after 1 day of using it. i'm reporting everything works great!
  7. scary alien

Nice! Thank you for replying and the feedback. Glad it worked for you. (You used the Partition sdcard menu options I take it?). Thank you for being my mini-beta tester ;) :).

Now, I gotta post my updates re. this over on XDA.