Apps2SD confusion

Last Updated:

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 14, 2009
    I have nonsensikal 13.2 on my eris. I have never used or tried to use Apps2SD because I didn't think it was worth all of the trouble with partitioning things and what not.

But I have been getting the low on space message a lot lately and I was poking around the manage applications area in settings trying to clear data and cache to free up space and I saw a "move app to SD" button and I was curious so I went to an app that I don't care about and tried it out and pushed it and it said "moving.." for a second and then in its place a "move app to phone" button came up.

So since I don't know much about Apps2SD i have a few questions.

Since it is not really talked about much because it has been around so long and the people that want to know know and the people that never did still don't I do not know if it is automatic in the new froyo roms or not. I always thought you had to partition the SD card (I don't really even know what that means) and other steps.

When it comes to Apps2SD I have done nothing except press the button so I want to know if it is actually on the SD card or not and any other info that could be useful. Since I don't know much about it i really do not even know what questions to ask..... :confused: