Apps2sd dalvik on internal?

Last Updated:

1. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Currently running cyanogen tazz's froyo rom and was wondering if theres any way I can check and see where the dalvik cache is installed? I'm hoping/wanting the cache to be on the internal memory as opposed to the sd card while having my apps be on the sd card. I'm 99.9% sure my apps are on the sd card however not sure of the dalvik cache.

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Hey ExcessiveIdling and fellow Hoosier :),

Since I didn't see any replies yet, I thought I would post what little I know. A quick Google search yields that the Dalvik cache is usually in the /data/dalvik-cache directory on your phone's internal memory. Without knowing anything about the tazz Froyo ROM, you could still search your filesystem for this directory to see where it is located (if you find more than one, then the one with the most recently-updated files would be your guy).

I don't have my Eris with me here at work to verify these commands, but since you are rooted and you there's hopefully busybox installed on that ROM, you could simply issue a "find / -name dalvik-cache" (or "find /sdcard -name dalvik-cache") command from the Android Terminal Emulator or by starting-up an adb shell. You could also try a simple "ls -a -l /data/dalvik-cache" command first since that's where it usually is.

Hope this helps!

Edit: I'll try to test these commands on my phone when I get home unless you beat me to the answer.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Yep, those commands worked just fine.

My Dalvik cache was indeed in the /data/dalvik-cache directory. You should be able to find yours by using the commands above.

Just be sure to become root first via the su command so that your find won't give you permission denied errors.

Cheers!