apps2sd help please

Last Updated:

1. MF1

MF1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I finally got fed up waiting for 2.1 from HTC and rooted my phone. All went seamless, great instructions on this forum, thanks to everyone who puts in so much effort. I also did it all from a mac, no awful pc in sight :)

So my question is, how do I get apps2sd to work. I put on the sense 2.2 Rom, updated the radio and I also formatted my SD card as instructed. Think i may have put on a 512 swap as well. Could this be the problem?

Any help on getting this working would be great, my daughters are forever getting my phone and downloading games, fills the internal memory in no time.

Also just one other thing. Is there a way to stop the people app from showing sim card contacts. I cant seem to find the setting in this new version?

Cheers in advance everyone.

Advertisement
  2. nellisere

nellisere Well-Known Member

for the sim contacts, go onto the people app, click menu, view, and untick sim

3. MF1

I dont have sim listed there, maybe its the custom Rom I have installed. Does anyone know a way to erase off the sim as a workaround?

4. MF1

Scratch the question about apps2sd, flashed a patch and it is now working. Would still like to know about how to remove contacts from my sim card or get them not to show in the people app though if anyone knows?

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Sensehero is based on a CDMA port. And since CDMA phones don't have SIM cards there's no need for the option to hide/delete them. You could always stick the card in another phone and do it.

6. MF1

Ah, lateral thinking, I like it! Now why didn't I think of that.

Just out of interest, if its built for the new sim free phones, how comes it even sees the contacts from there?

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I'm not sure :p It also supports SIM card PINs. Doesn't make sense does it?