Apps2SD malfunction (Galaxy Port 1.6 R6)

Last Updated:

1. aznknightz17

aznknightz17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im having a big/weird problem with Apps2SD. After I load all of my apps into the phone, I then reboot and wait till the screen comes back on. However, checking the phone storage I can see that none of the apps were push to SD(118mb left). After 2-3 reboots, I see my apps were pushed to SD and now my phone storage is back to 148mb which is awesome. Then again throughout the day I would reboot my phone for whatever reason, my apps come back MISSING!?!? My screen is blank only GDE is working. Apps icons were replaced by green/white android box. Clicking on them and it said "activity not found". I panic and reboot the phone and when the screen comes back up, all the apps were reloaded BUT they were all FC'ing. Anyone else having problem with it? Im running on Galaxy Port 1.6 R6.

Anyone with the R5/R6 try to reboot couple of times and see if u run into the same problem as I do. If not I think I might have a defective SD.

Normal homescreen:
    [​IMG]

All apps are missing(left and right screen to this are blank now):
    [​IMG]

Couple of reboot apps come back but FC all over:
    (uploading)

Advertisement
  2. aznknightz17

Ah forget it, Ill just reformat it into Fat32 only and try Apps2SD later when Im low on memory.

3. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

This Problem is Addressed in the R7 Build I'm working on... Just hang in there.. There was Permission error's in the Rom that needed Fixed..

megabiteg likes this.
  4. xblue95

xblue95 Well-Known Member

Hey BH_MAN, I was wondering, when I loaded up R6 I tried formatting my SD card with GParted but couldn't get GParted to recognize my CS card. So I said screw Apps2SD and pushed ahead with the R6 load. If I remember correctly, you said Apps2SD is automatic if your SD is formatted with an EXT2 partition. Is the automatic thing true if I format EXT2 now or later on down the line, or is it something that has to be in place at the time you load the PORT?

5. skri11a

skri11a Member

It happens every reboot so it will work as soon as you reboot with an ext2 available.

I just tried this since I was partitioned as ext3 (from my G1) and it would lock up the phone. Formatted to ext2, rebooted and it all worked.

6. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Fixed the Script for it.... Now at every Reboot it Show's 151mb & I put a safety net in as well.... Last night I found myself with a None Rebooting Phone due to Stale Dalvik-cache & app-private ... Fixed this issue now :D Works 100% at every reboot now!

Meaning once I upload the a2sd Fixed Script into the A2sd How-to, and adjust for either Galaxy Rom or Behold 2 Rom... You should never have to reload your app once setup correctly :D... Should work Perfect for 1.5 or 1.6 :D

Back to work.... :(

aznknightz17 likes this.
  7. aznknightz17

Oh that is sweet. Ill be waiting.