apps2sd moving from 4gb to 16gb

Last Updated:

1. tomq

tomq Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just wanted to know how i would go about upgrading to a 16gb card, when all my apps are store on my 4gb, how to move them across

Advertisement
  2. madnlooney

madnlooney Well-Known Member

i would guess you need to partition your card again like the 4gb and then use a backup app to backup your current sd card with apps etc and then restore to the new card

tomq likes this.
  3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

just backup apps like you would if you didnt have apps2sd. Partition the new card. Restore the old apps as usual.

tomq likes this.
  4. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

Not to rain on that, but I just found that sometimes, it's just easier to reinstall them individually. It's so much easier to do that than try to run it, find it force closes before it opens, uninstall it and reinstall it. Blah.

You could always go to Cyrket and open each app in a new window. Then use Barcode Scanner and read the barcode to bring you straight to the app (rather than using the small keyboard to search).

Tim

5. Carnivex

Carnivex Member

Lekky, can't you just copy the apps directly after the memory card has been partioned?

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Thats what I said isn't it :p You can't manually copy the apps because you don't have visibility of the ext partition. Anyway the way i said above is the easiest way. Backup > restore :p

7. Carnivex

Carnivex Member

What if you did it under Linux or such?. Because quite frankly I don't have much faint in many of the backup programs if what people are saying in the various threads about rooting that most of the stuff is either not backed up or restored right >_<

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

If you back up the apps, it will literally give you the apk's in a folder on your pc. so you can see that they are backed up. Then to restore them you install them all again.