Apps2sd-rooting?

Last Updated:

1. weemic

weemic Active Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

1st post here. Excellant forum, all members seem to know what they are talking about with vaild/pointful converstations.

Had Hero for 4-5 weeks now and love it big time. Slightly anxious on the old rooting and adding ROM to the phone myself. :confused:

Had a look through the various stickys and steps to follow etc. not totally clued up on how it will work right enough?

• One question I have is, if I root the phone (Following ?UnLockr? website steps), can i then add the Apps2sd app to the phone and move app to there myself and for future downloads?
    • Do I need to add customer ROM b4 i can do this or does rooting the phone and leaving defauly ROM on phone allow for the apps2sd app work on the phone?
    Thanks for your time chaps!

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

By far the easiest way to install Apps2SD is to use a ROM with it already included. All the dependancies, sym links etc are taken care of.... all you have to do is create the necessary second ext3 partition on your card. When you flash an Apps2SD-enabled ROM this partition will be detected and your apps automatically moved to it.

3. monkegeo

monkegeo Active Member

If you want a bigger SD card, get this first. It's quite painful to upgrade an SD card that is used for Apps2SD as Windows can't read the linux volumes it creates.