Apps2SD, SD Classes and partition size

Last Updated:

1. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think this has been asked other places but those threads seemed to be talking about a different phone and ROM. So forgive me if I missed the answers elsewhere.

1. In regards to apps2sd, other than the fact that it is built into Velocity 0.3 but has to be installed separately in Velocity 0.2, is there a difference in how one would configure the partition size ?

2. If the ext partition is the one in which your apps are installed, why limit it to 512 MB? If you have an 8 GB card, why not make half of it ext?

3. Using drellislee's RA recovery, one can make an /ext partition, convert it from ext2 to ext3 and then convert that to ext4. What's the difference and which one is the best to use?

4. I have an 8 GB class 6 card on order, but I already own a class 2 8 GB card. Other than slower access time, and not using a swap partition (not sure how to set one up anyway) what harm could come of using the class 2?

I think that's everything for now, although I reserve the right to follow-up questions later! :D

Advertisement
  2. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the answer IRC, Dots!