Apps2SD

Last Updated:

1. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to use Apps2SD on a rooted incredible yet? Not running any ROMs and I can't for the life of me find any info on it. Been on Google for an hour.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

It would be in the packageinstaller.apk somewhere. If someone is brave, they could take the apk from the 2.2 package and push it to replace the one on ours and see if it works.. Someone brave that has done a backup already :)

3. thirtyfour41

So I guess that means no, it doesn't work yet?

4. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Making a new backup atm. Will fool around.

Edit: Negative, market broke. "Download Unsuccesful" when installing new app, and pulling up Downloads errors out.

5. necosino

Were you able to actually push the new installer to the phone?

6. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was no problem.

Recovery > Backup > Mount system > push to /system/app (rename original to .bak)

rebooted, and nothing really worked. :-(

I'm currently re-installing Ubuntu to start learning rom cooking. Would love to figure out a stock 2.2 a la cyanogen6, but not stealing the thunder hehe.

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

You have to create a ext2/3 partition on the sd card. The apps are linux based and won't run on a fat/32 filesystem. You can create the partition in clockworkmod recovery. See if that works.

necosino likes this.
  8. necosino

I didn't even think about this :D

9. thirtyfour41

you know what? i'm not even gonna bother. not that it's too complicated but i highly doubt i'm going to use the all space they've given us to install apps. i have almost 150 apps and i'm barely using 100 mb. I can't imagine having many more apps than that. installing to sd is just going to complicate things if that sd ever dies. this would've been more useful with my eris when i only had like 64mb to install stuff.

10. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Yeah i don't need the space either. I was just commenting on why it probably did not work for the guy who was trying it out.

I know what you mean about the limited space on the eris, i had one also until a week before the incredible came out. I managed to send back my eris and get the incredible with my discounts still intact. I had my eris for only a week and was down to less than 50mb of storage space left and there was several apps i wanted to have but couldn't afford the space to install them. Now i've got who knows how many apps installed only using about 180mb of space, so i still have plenty of room left.

With all the space the incredible has i don't know why too many people would need to store apps on the sd card. Plus with froyo right arond the corner that issue will be addressed and apps2sd won't be needed any longer.