• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I rooted my phone (ascend) with z4root last night, and now want to move my apps from my device memory to my SDcard so I can install more of them. Can this be done on the stock rom? Would I have install a custom rom? I am kinda a noob to android so please be kind. Everything I have been able to find so far, as far as an app to do it, requires Froyo which I have not found any way of installing on the ascend.

the root went super easy, just downloaded the program and ran it, rebooted and it was good.

As for 2.2, a2sd is one of the functions of it, but I am pretty sure it can be done on a rooted phone, I just don't know how for this one. Anyone know>?

Yo this is my first android phone and I've been reading a lot about "rooting" a phone but most instructions were really confusing and seemed really hard... What program was it that you ran to root your ascend and was there any other steps involved in the process besides just running the program?

Upvote 0
Yo this is my first android phone and I've been reading a lot about "rooting" a phone but most instructions were really confusing and seemed really hard... What program was it that you ran to root your ascend and was there any other steps involved in the process besides just running the program?

z4root was the app, I downloaded it from the market (there was an english version as well as a chinese version, I used the english).

I ran the program, it asked for me to make sure that the USB debugging mode was on (I think that's what it is called, it will take you directly to the setting if you don't have it enabled). I ran it again, and then the phone rebooted. I was unsure if it had been actually rooted or not, so I ran z4root again and the superuser program opened to grant superuser access to it. Rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones