Apps2sd?

Last Updated:

1. inactivemember

inactivemember Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my phone (ascend) with z4root last night, and now want to move my apps from my device memory to my SDcard so I can install more of them. Can this be done on the stock rom? Would I have install a custom rom? I am kinda a noob to android so please be kind. Everything I have been able to find so far, as far as an app to do it, requires Froyo which I have not found any way of installing on the ascend.

Advertisement
  2. UnSmartphone

UnSmartphone Well-Known Member

yea... i think i read you have to have 2.2 or "froyo" to do this..(i could be wrong) but there is a possibility of a 2.2 update in the first of the year...

inactivemember likes this.
  3. UnSmartphone

UnSmartphone Well-Known Member

and how easy was the root ??

4. inactivemember

the root went super easy, just downloaded the program and ran it, rebooted and it was good.

As for 2.2, a2sd is one of the functions of it, but I am pretty sure it can be done on a rooted phone, I just don't know how for this one. Anyone know>?

5. dEris

dEris Well-Known Member

You don't need to have 2.2. You need to have a ROM that supports A2SD which the stock one doesn't have.

6. fengshui1982

fengshui1982 Member

just keep reading these forums I have a rooted lg ally OS 2.1 (Verizon) and found 2 roms on android fourms that support a2sd ....I downloaded both rom and a2sd .installed them/ awesome..... use caution though a little tricky ... if you need help email me at
    FENGSHUI1982@GMAIL.COM

inactivemember likes this.
  7. axccess

axccess New Member

Yo this is my first android phone and I've been reading a lot about "rooting" a phone but most instructions were really confusing and seemed really hard... What program was it that you ran to root your ascend and was there any other steps involved in the process besides just running the program?

8. inactivemember

z4root was the app, I downloaded it from the market (there was an english version as well as a chinese version, I used the english).

I ran the program, it asked for me to make sure that the USB debugging mode was on (I think that's what it is called, it will take you directly to the setting if you don't have it enabled). I ran it again, and then the phone rebooted. I was unsure if it had been actually rooted or not, so I ran z4root again and the superuser program opened to grant superuser access to it. Rooted.