• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps2SD

The HTC OneSV has 4GB internal which is pretty pathetic but whatever, I have 16GB SD. My issue is this: Why can I not move Google applications or FB to my SD?

Currently using Link2SD. I get the following error message.

Failure

pkg: /data/app/
com.android.chrome-1.apk Failure
[INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_INSTALL_LOCATION]

The really crummy part is that I haven't even used all 4GB of internal space and I will still get the "Insufficient space" message on the play store.

you sure your external card was set up half partition on ext4.then use link2sd to map it?

it has 4 gig app storage whitch some are used up due to bloatware and then you have 4 gigs internal whitch is not to be confused with app storage.thats basically a second harddrive same as your external.

most you will need is 4 gigs set on your external and you mount it with link2sd.

also it helps to get the plus version so you can map the internal data to extsd as well.

that may still seem too low for you but most apps are like really small.you can still get like over 200 apps on just a couple gigs unless your downloading 500 mb games,then you would use the option to move the entire thing to the sd card

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-sv/general/mod-swap-internal-sd-4gb-fat-data-1gb-t2999187 take a look at this thread. I can verify that it works for the k2_cl if that is what you have. Please do pay attention to the warnings as I did not write the script and can't help you fix stuff if it breaks something. There are folks here who can though. My understanding is that it replaces your fstab file with a custom written one... Fstab is the file that is responsible for telling a droid (or any other linux) where to mount storage @. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: coolbeans2015
Upvote 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-sv/general/mod-swap-internal-sd-4gb-fat-data-1gb-t2999187 take a look at this thread. I can verify that it works for the k2_cl if that is what you have. Please do pay attention to the warnings as I did not write the script and can't help you fix stuff if it breaks something. There are folks here who can though. My understanding is that it replaces your fstab file with a custom written one... Fstab is the file that is responsible for telling a droid (or any other linux) where to mount storage @. Hope this helps :)

It all looks good to go, the only question I have before running this is the end where it says "READ ONLY", is this where you type in one of the three mods? or do you just run this with "READ ONLY" to get the swap in partition size?

lee

Upvote 0
It all looks good to go, the only question I have before running this is the end where it says "READ ONLY", is this where you type in one of the three mods? or do you just run this with "READ ONLY" to get the swap in partition size?

lee
tried getting reply on forum but no luck, even str8 message 2 the modder
I guess it's time for me to make an apology. I have linked the wrong post. I have not tried this method. I simply searched and scanned the results for the one I thought I was looking for. The mod that I used was a flushable zip that would modify the fstab on your phone to switch the storage mom ting points and included a flushable zip to return to normal state.
From reading the link that I incorrectly posted I gather that if you leave the entry as "READ ONLY" nothing will happen. If you change read only to one of the other options you will get that result. Once again I apologize for the mistake, I feel very silly. If I do find the post I was looking g for in the first place I will post it in this thread.

Upvote 0
I guess it's time for me to make an apology. I have linked the wrong post. I have not tried this method. I simply searched and scanned the results for the one I thought I was looking for. The mod that I used was a flushable zip that would modify the fstab on your phone to switch the storage mom ting points and included a flushable zip to return to normal state.
From reading the link that I incorrectly posted I gather that if you leave the entry as "READ ONLY" nothing will happen. If you change read only to one of the other options you will get that result. Once again I apologize for the mistake, I feel very silly. If I do find the post I was looking g for in the first place I will post it in this thread.

I think you did find the RIGHT POST, its worked out for K2_CL and twrp's 2.8.4.0, everyone seems to be able to get it going and the screen shots are perfect, EXACTLY what I was wanting. 6.34gb of app storage verses a little over a gig for phone storage would be perfect. I have not checked this other link you posted yet.

As I was going through all of that posts, getting everything lined up on my part, found some great sites that even have video training included for learning all of this (new world) and I just clicked on my busybox install, no reason, it comes up not installed! Will not install, restarts phone if I try to change from xbin. And have not gotten a response from e-mail sent to the guy that has it on app store.

You have any experience with busybox problems?

New day, new problem, :-(

Upvote 0
Well I'm glad it worked for you, it just wasn't the one I intended and certainly not what I said would work because I tried it :) the other link is definitely the one I used and definitely works (even for uneducated folks like myself)
As far as busybody goes... I've never used it for anything except zip align and it usually installs easy beans. Unfortunately I'll be no help there. Good luck though and be sure to post about your solution if you figure it out :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones