Appts made on Inc go to deleted items folder in OutlookSupport

Last Updated:

1. nhladdict

nhladdict Member This Topic's Starter

I searched but couldn't find this problem. I use the Google Sync software on my PC to sync Outlook 2003 to my Google Account. I use the 2 way sync option.

When I create an appt. on my Inc. it shows up in my gmail calendar fine but when the gmail calendar syncs to outlook that appt does not show up in the outlook calendar but goes directly to my "deleted items" folder and shows an appt date of 12/31/1997 no matter what date it is scheduled for.

Appts made from outlook synced to Google work fine and vise versa. Only appts made on my phone have this issue.

I hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated since I love the fact I never have to connect my phone to my PC.

Advertisement
  2. Beerbear

Beerbear Member

I'm bumping this thread because I have the exact same problem. Although I didn't realize they were going to the deleted items folder until I read this question and then looked.

3. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member

What I have seen happen is when I create the event on my DINC, it updates the Google calendar on the web with a single "GUEST" on the event, me. This prevents the Google Calendar Sync program from syncing Outlook correctly.

If you remove the 1 Guest, the event will then sync correctly with Outlook. Outlook does not add a Guest when it syncs with Google Calendar so you do not have that same problem if you go from Outlook--> Google Calendar --> DINC.

I believe it is a known problem with the Android system since I have seen it posted on the Google sites.

Beerbear and nhladdict like this.
  4. Holydoc

If anyone develops an answer to this problem, please post in this thread. So far I have not found a solution to the DINC creating you as a guest when it updates the Google calendar.

5. Beerbear

Beerbear Member

Thanks Holydoc.

Now I have a calendar with a very painful workaround. Before I had a completely useless calendar.

At least I now understand what is going on. Hopefully Google will come up with a robust fix.

6. Holydoc

So far I have seen no answers to this problem yet. If someone has a way that we can sync the DINC's calendar to the Google calendar without it adding a guest, please tell us. By always adding an event with a guest, the DINC makes it impossible to update to Outlook.