• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Aps2sd can i leave one app running off of the system.

Hey I was wondering if there was a way to select one app to run and be saved off of the internal storage. I keep getting fc's from it when I open it, and when I emailed the developer about it they said it could be because it was saved to the sd card. Any ideas.

If you're running an alternate 2.1 ROM with apps2sd, I believe the answer is no. The apps2sd that uses an ext partition on the SD card is an all-or-nothing proposition.

That's one benefit of the 2.2 version - you have more control over specific apps, especially if you're rooted.

Reactions: Madd Dogg
Upvote 0
When running 2.1 all of the downloaded apps are put in the ext partition. The apps are automatically put there. If you do choose to update to 2.2, you will not have to flash a different ROM. You will have a choice of where you want your apps. Not all apps can be moved to the sd in 2.2. It's up to the developer to decide if the app will be capable of this. The best bet is to use the 2.2 update guide here: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/263285-guide-froyo-2-2-1-root-users.html Then you will have many of these options.

Reactions: Madd Dogg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones