• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Aqua Mail how to stop mail from being deleted

I can't see an obvious one using IMAP. That is the opposite of what most people would want, having to delete each mail from each and every device separately.

Of course you could look for it in the deleted mail (if that is synced/not set to purge automatically), or archive it rather than deleting if you want to look at it on another device. Or maybe set it for POP3 but also to leave it on the server so different devices can read it (if that's an option - it's a very long time since I used POP3)? Or just read it and don't delete, and set your devices so that they show unread first (so it will still be there, but less prominent)? But with IMAP syncing I think deleting on one device will delete it on all (i.e. move it to deleted).

Upvote 0
With IMAP all mail is stored on the server and is accessed by whatever device/s you are using. So when you delete an email you are removing it from the server and it therefore is no longer available to any device. I use Gmail extensively and make full use of the Archive facility to keep my Inbox empty. All incoming mail is either archived, moved to a 'labelled' folder (to make it easier to find) or deleted if no longer required. The mail archived or labelled is available to all devices. For IMAP accounts other than Gmail I create my own labels/folders for the same purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones