Arc - Hands onGeneral

Last Updated:

1. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. StickyGeko

StickyGeko Well-Known Member

I work at TalkTalk, CPW are in the same building, SE were in the canteen today showing off the NEO, ARC and PLAY, i gota admit the arc is gorgeous, screeen was very vibrant and criso, ran very smooth indeed, lightweight, very thin, felt great in the hand and camera was wicked, checked the battery.... 60%left and had been unplugged for just over 9hrs.... i am looki at the optimus 2x... but this has thrown a spanner in the works, very impressed!
  3. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

That's good to hear. I have defiantly made my mind up and will be getting the Arc.

Can you tell me if it felt plasticky to the touch?
  4. StickyGeko

no it didnt feel plasticky at all, felt solid and luxurous, i know what u mean when u pick up some phones you think yuk, cheap nasty plastic, but this felt wicked, get your hands on 1 you'l love it
  5. zafonic

I will. Can you tell me at all when Carphone we have stock of the Arc?

Cheers
  6. StickyGeko

im told the 28th.... three are selling it now too available on their website
  7. zafonic

Cheers mate you have been most helpful.
  8. StickyGeko

Three have just told me the eariliest delivery time would be 6th april
  9. zafonic

Has the date changed for Carphone or is it still expected on the 28th with them?
  10. mystvearn

mystvearn Well-Known Member

11. zafonic

Ordered my Arc sim free from Carphone yesterday. Maybe just maybe then I could get it by the weekend.
  12. StickyGeko

13. zafonic

Yes, enjoyed reading that. A little disappointed to hear that the audio quality is not up to scratch.

Can't wait to get my Arc, but Carphone said I may have to wait till Monday till I get it.
  14. StickyGeko

did u get the black/blue or the silver? and you will have to update us on how you get on with your fone, be nice to hear how real life battery is etc
  15. mystvearn

Cnet UK, Endgadget reviews are in. I'm assuming that the phone is available now. Only problem is that I'm not too sure I want Arc now, since its poor battery life
  16. StickyGeko

poor battery??? ive not seen the reviews u mentioned but the reviews i have seen dont say it has a poor battery
  17. Abdur

Abdur Well-Known Member

This phone looks gorgeous...
    Can't wait for it to come to Canada.
  18. mystvearn

19. zafonic

I have ordered the midnight blue. Have been told by Carphone that the phone is not released till Friday, meaning I am not likely to receive it till Monday. The agony of waiting till then is hard to take, especially when I have heard that customers who have made there purchase from SE direct, expansys and I think Clove too will be dispatching the Arc today for delivery tommorrow.
  20. StickyGeko

gutted, cant you pick it up from a local store?
  21. zafonic

Can i do that now that the order has been processed and it's been arranged to come to my home address??

EDIT:

Carphone have now told me it will be with me tommorrow.

Will give my initial impressions once I have had a play and will let you know.
    StickyGeko likes this.
  22. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Oh it is between this and the xperia play

i want one :)