Arc s freezing up.Support

1. animal47

animal47 Well-Known Member

My wifes arc s has started to freeze up all the time, recently installed ics and was fine for a few weeks but is now freezing up several times a day and can sometimes take up to 5-10 minutes to sort itself out, even when working ok it seems generally quite laggy.
    Any suggestions of what to do to try and resolve it for her. She doesn't d/l any apps other than facebook and Twitter so can't see it being related to anything like that unless it is a built in one playing up.
    Help appreciated so I don't have to listen to her constant nagging about it.

Advertisement
  2. peterb23

peterb23 Well-Known Member

I've noticed this on mine recently too. Not quite as bad as you are describing but it definitely seemed more laggy. This week I decided to use the "repair your phone" option in PC Companion and it does seem to have helped. (Of course maybe it's just because it removed all the apps from the phone.)
  3. animal47

I actually removed everything last night that she didnt need and turned off auto updates and got rid of the facebook widget from the homepage and so far it seems much better.
  4. BSME89115562

BSME89115562 New Member

i have the same problem... most of the time it freezes... i've went to the xperia service center and they've downgraded it from ICS to Gingerbread... it's working now perfectly...
  5. animal47

The wifes arc s isn't too bad now but it does still freeze occasionally so I wouldn't mind going back to gingerbread or is there likely to be further updates that could cure it totally. I don't think I have any service centres near me that I could take it to.
  6. peterb23

peterb23 Well-Known Member

There is an update to ICS 4.0.4 on the way that might help. No idea when but apparently it will be an over the air update if you are running ICS.
  7. animal47

Cheers for that, I will keep my eye out for it.
  8. animal47

Well I gave up in the end and went back to gingerbread and so far everything is fine again apart from the occasional reboot but no more freezing.