Arc switching of by itselfGeneral

1. dlff

dlff Member

Hi guys, I have been using my ARC for almost a month now.
    Lately I noticed that the phone will switch off & then on again by itself.
    Wonder if any ARC's users have the same problem?
    Cheers mate!!

Advertisement
  2. ru10500

ru10500 Member

Yes, I have had mine for 6 weeks. I have noticed the same thing with no clue why yet!
  3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

4. dlff

dlff Member

I am still experiencing this "Switch-off" problem by itself for no apparent reason whatsoever. I am sending my phone to SE Service Centre tomorrow & have them check it out as I have only bought it a month ago. I might as well share with you my experience so far with Android phones. I have used 4 Android phones including this ARC.
    My 1st was the Google Nexus1, SE X10 Mini, HTC HD & now the ARC. It has come a long way in the way of Software updates & the Gingerbread 2.3.3 is by far the best. It has to be as it is the latest update. The editing & "copy & paste" still have a long way to go. IMHO is still not not user friendly enough. No doubt it has improved a lot but there are still room for improvement. Before I forget to mention about the battery life as well. It sucks & I presume most if not all Android phones are. Cheers mate!
  5. Sam-SonyXperia

Thank you for the feedback, it is always nice to hear from someone who has had experience with a variety of other Android handsets.
  6. gazn1

gazn1 New Member

i have this same problem my arc turns off by its self a few times since ive had it anyway
  7. Sam-SonyXperia

Have you tried to run a software update to resolve this?
  8. Syko_Edis

Syko_Edis New Member

I HAD the same problem with my Xperia arc, so I ran some tests of my own since customer support showed no help. I realised the problem was with the battery or the part connecting the battery to the mobile.

To resolve the problem I just jammed the battery tightly up agents the part it needs to connect to using some folded up paper.

It's been several months since I did this and the problem has never occurred again.
    I hope this works for you also.
  9. xperia7

xperia7 Member

I got my Arc on launch and of course was gadget-happy and installed a ton of apps. Then shortly after I started experiencing random reboots
  10. NoTnIuQnAy

NoTnIuQnAy Member

i am having the same problem with my phone restarting from time to time. sometimes once a week and even 3 or 4 times a day. what is the problem and how should i resolve the issue? any help is appreciated, thank you.
  11. Sam-SonyXperia

Have you tried any other fixes above such as running a software update/repair?