Archiving Obsolete Threads, etc.

Last Updated:

1. ChiefHopper

ChiefHopper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Once the 15th has come and gone (can hardly wait) is there any intent on archiving what will be obsolete threads, etc.?

Just asking...

Al

Advertisement
  2. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

i believe googles cache archives it for you.

3. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

By archiving you mean...

4. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

haha not responding to those threads works well in my experience

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

you can always look up a thread using the search. unfortunately, there is no way, besides sticking a thread, to hold onto them. After the X comes out, the pre-release thread and the other find-the droid x- thread are going to be unstuck.

What was it you wanted to see archived out of curiosity?

6. ChiefHopper

Shoot. I thought i asked the question clearly. Sigh.

I guess to make it clearer: are obsolete threads going to be deleted? The prerelease and the hunt for DX to name two. They are not needed once the phone is released. I guess I just assumed (whoops) that these threads would be archived (saved) and deleted. Same with several other threads where guessing and this and that are discussed and no longer needed as we will have definitive answers soon.

I'm new to on-line forums. So what are stick and unstuck?

Come on Thursday! :p

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Stuck (stickied) are the thread that are "pinned" to the top of the particular sub-topic so they won't sink down.

Threads aren't deleted unless they break rules. Instead, they sink to the bottom of the forum oblivion. They are searchable (findable), however.

Finally, Cliff, I want to warmly welcome you to Android Forums. Please don't be shy to ask questions. If anyone belittles newbies, they are given infractions. We are very newbie friendly. :) Welcome.

8. ChiefHopper

Tain't "Cliff" it is "Chief". Worked hard to get the nickname of Chief Hopper from my place of work. Unless you are chatting with a Cliff.

Thanks for the explanation. More to learn besides the DX. Will be our first smart phones. Little scary in a way. But thanks to this and the Incredible forum I feel okay with what is coming. Yeah. Saw the DX coming and dropped the INC so fast. Every time I look the ship date for it is pushed further and further into August. So DX it is for us. I have spent the last couple of months going only Google gmail, contacts and calendar.

Anyway back on topic. Thanks again for the warm welcome. And never fear I will ask and ask...

Al aka Chief Hopper --- <ribbit>

9. JazzMat

JazzMat Well-Known Member

I hope not! Just think of all the chuckles we'd miss as we view them with the benefit of hindsight.

10. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Trust me there will be no need to do anything to some of the older threads once it comes out. This place will have so many posts a day that they will be 7-8 pages back in a day maybe two.