Archos 101 Demos Anywhere??

Last Updated:

1. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm considering trading up the iPad and going with the 101, but I'm hardly confident enough to blindly buy the Archos. I'd love to try one but haven't seen it out for display at any of the usual suspects. Anyone know where I can get my hands on one to check it out?

My friend mentioned that he tinkered with an Archos 7 at best buy. Would messing around with that be an accurate measure of how the 101 would be??

Advertisement
  2. Hajile_Ibushi

Hajile_Ibushi Well-Known Member

Nope. The Archos 70 is close to the Archos 101. However, there are two Archos 7" tablets. One is the Archos 7, the other is the Archos 70.

The 7 is an older generation resistive screen with a slower processor and only uses android 1.6. This is likely what he was trying out.

ARCHOS

The 70 is the new one. Runs android 2.2, and comes in either 8Gig or 250Gig variants (720p videos go up to 8 gigs each!).

ARCHOS

Here's a direct comparison

http://www.archos.com/products/ta/_watch_compare_A7.html?country=ph&lang=en

For actual 101 demos, unless you know someone that has it, you'll just have to make do with youtube videos. They're currently not available at walk in stores afaik.

ODog2323 likes this.
  3. mikeiavelli

mikeiavelli New Member

You might like the following A101 review. The author gives its first impressions of the tablet and toward the end of the article you can find two videos of the archos 101.

4. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

I know this is just word of mouth, but I had a chance recently to play with an ipad. I did a side by side against my archos70 and the responsiveness, speed etc was almost exact. Some pages would open faster on either, I think it's the millisecond differences when trying to touch them at the same time.

My friend with the ipad literally said "it's a good thing I won the ipad or I would be pissed".