Archos 5 Android is really coming along now!General

Last Updated: 2015-01-15 04:00:18
  1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Member

Hey, I am new here and I got the awesome Archos 5 internet media tablet with Android. It got a lot of mixed reviews, was buggy as all get out when first released a few months ago but A LOT has changed. A lot of firmeware updates has really made the A5 IT a fantastic device!

I love having the google marketplace on there along with AppsLib the official Android marketplace for the A5 IT and "AndAppStore" app store as well. The google store is not officially included for the device but is a hack/workaround that works very well. I only had one reboot when I first installed it.

A dream device that has super fast web browsing, plays youtube videos, can play flash games although hit and miss and a lot of other stuff.

I recommend it highly over the ipod touch 3g and the Zune HD. It's not a phone although it is classified as one, has GPS built in, has an airplane mode and can easily use Google Maps with street view.

Anyone else take the plunge?

Advertisement
  2. Nickelbright

Nickelbright New Member

Just got the Archos 5 IMT and am enjoying it. I have a little problem with the GPS maps. My 7 day free trial expired and when I try to purchase the maps fo North America through the Archos, I'm sent to a page to order in FRENCH???? Any suggestions?
  3. Ames

Ames New Member

I believe Archos is a French company so it kind of makes sense even though it shouldn't do that.
  4. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

How do you run flash on android OS?
  5. Nickelbright

Nickelbright New Member

The flash (.swf) file needs to be copied and pasted to the 'Flash' folder in your Archos root diectory. Then use your file directory and navigate to the 'Flash' folder. Just tap on the file and ENJOY!
  6. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

It is out of topic.

Is there a tablet that has 10" touch screen, wifi, 3G cell? Any brand name.
  7. NuBiXx

NuBiXx New Member

8. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I think it looks good but I have heard a few bad things about that company and I hope HTC or Google come out with a tablet of their own.
  9. SEI

SEI Active Member

i had this for a while, its a fun toy but i hated the touchscreen.. you have to push so hard.. if it was capacitive it would have been great!
  10. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

love my archos, use it every day, the constant firmware upgrades certainly help keep it ticking along with big fixes and upgrades.

Hopefully 2.1 soon ???
  11. h4141

h4141 New Member

archos 5 Internet Tablet Firmware Free Download

12. Mark1433

Mark1433 Member

Yeah, me too I have a A5 and I think that it's fantastic!!! It's very easy to use, I don't use GPS at the moment but later....I don't know. However very good!!!!
  13. frankluo

frankluo New Member

Just enjoy it now!