Archos 5(Android) Space problemSupport

1. tmaclax013

tmaclax013 New Member

Well I just received my Archos (500gb version) and I like it but I have some problems. First was the fact that it did not come with the "market app" so i did this YouTube - ‪Google Marketplace (donut version) on Archos 5 Internet Tablet with firmware 1.7.33 and newer‬‏. And it works great but I recently started loading it with apps and games and eventually I got this message "Sorry there is not enough space to install this item". So I checked my "System Monitor" and it says I only have 80mb free, but when I connect it to my computer it says i have 438gb free. Anyone know what the deal is

Advertisement
    :
  2. 2ndaccord

2ndaccord Well-Known Member

You need to move your apps to the SD card. You can free up alot of space that way. By default apps go to the system memory and not SD(INTERNAL) on the archos.
  3. 2ndaccord

The archos doesn't have a alot of apps storage. I am not sure how much on the version you have but it is less than 300mb on the a101. The other 438 is dedicated for media such as music, movies, and pictures.
  4. tmaclax013

tmaclax013 New Member

2ndAccord, could you help me out and let me know how to do that, or how to expand the amount of space for apps?
  5. 2ndaccord

Go to settings and then applications. Then go to manage applications. click the tab downloaded. click on any app to go into the apps info. if you see a tab that says move to internal storage then click it. do this with every app that you can. you should be able to put most of your apps to the internal storage on the Archos. I do this every time I download a new app. this should solve your problem. The system storage is really small but the internal storage should be your hard drive.