Archos 7 - Avail May 17 -Market?

Last Updated:

1. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got an email from Amazon advertising the Archos 7 with Android. It specifically stated in the description that apps are available from the anroid market.

It is priced at $199 8gb 7hr battery

Archos's web site says the 7 is linux, not android. Anyone have more info?

Advertisement
  2. Diknak

Diknak Member

They did a crappy job naming this device. There are two different devices, Archos 7 Internet Tablet and Archos 7 Home Tablet. The Home Tablet is what you are looking for that is selling for $200 and running Android.

3. atrac

atrac New Member

I am curious to see if my pre-order is going to ship or not. The Home 7 is already out of stock on the Amazon site (the status went directly from pre-order to out of stock in fact).

I wonder how many units they got in and if all pre-orders will be fulfilled...

4. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

Android is linux based. That's most likely what they meant.

5. Diknak

Diknak Member

Check your order status, it should still give an estimated ship date of 5/21. They are only filling preorders until the end of the month, then they will open up ordering again.

I doubt it. There have been countless third party previews of the system where the author mixes the two systems into one (ie saying that it is available in a 320gb model). Their Archos 7 Internet Tablet is a custom Linux based OS that has no Android on it.