1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Archos 70 - fiddley reset?!Support

1. starbase1

starbase1 Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying my Archos 70 a LOT. Andf it will be even better when the 32 Gb card arrives in the mail!

One thing I do find friustrating though - it locks up fairly often, (seems often when I disconnect it from charging). No big deal, but I do find it very fiddly to do the reset - I mean the thing where you hold down the volume and power buttons. It always seems to take me 4 or 5 goes to get it to work.

So perhaps I'm not quite doing it right - can someone please advise on the EXACT sequence?

Cheers!
    Nick

Advertisement
    :
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

1) Turn the device off.

2) Hold down the Volume Down button and then press and release the Power Button. Keep holding the Volume Down button until the white recovery screen appears.

I've done this several times and it works well (I've been playing with the Developer Mode and so that requires the same procedure).

You can also get to the recovery this way:

1) Reboot the device

2) As soon as the device's screen goes black, press and hold the Volume Down button until the recovery screen appears.

You probably don't have to hold down the Volume Down button that long...but I'm not sure when you can let go of it (just wait til you get to the recovery screen and you'll be fine).
  3. starbase1

starbase1 Well-Known Member

Thanks, much appreciated!