Archose Reveals New Lineup of Tablets

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

With Archos’ announcement of their new line of Android tablets, there is something for the whole family. From the wee tiniest of tots to daddy man hands these Android 2.2 devices span the size range from a humble 2.8-inches all the way to an iPad challenging 10.1-inches. What they gain from a varied product line [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Who in the world would buy a 2 and 3 inch Tablet? U might as well get a smartphone.

I have my Droid, no longer activated and it has a bigger screen...Wifi and GPS still works. I still got sent Froyo OTA so its still supported.

3. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

I think it's a mistake to call them "tablets" as Archos has. They're more like smartPMPs. TBH I've been interested in these for a while, just because I don't really want a full fledged Android smartphone right now. Of course there are other android based PMPs on the way, that would probably put the lower end models to shame. The Galaxy Touch has a bigger screen (and its AMOLED) and will probably have marketplace. The Philips GoGear Connect has a larger capacity model w/expandable memory and might also have marketplace.

4. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

2-3inch? That would be smaller than most of smartphone's screen now. I think maybe a smartphone is better, at least, you could use it as a phone also:)