Are all the shipping dates online pretty much the same?

Last Updated:

1. MyFutureMyDroid

MyFutureMyDroid Member This Topic's Starter

My local Verizon store is all out of Droid X's and the retailer (Pro Cellular) raised the price on the phone by like 100 dollars anyway! :mad: So, I wasn't going to order mine through Verizon's website, because it said it wouldn't ship until after the 20th and that date rises each day I check... :rolleyes: Then, I checked Best Buy, but it was both sold out and not available at stores at all for some reason. At Circuit City, it has a longer wait. On Amazon, it said it would ship within 1-2 weeks, so I thought, "AWESOME!", but then before we finished the order, it said it wouldn't arrive until like October 9th!!! :( That was a major let down for me. So, tomorrow I'm going to try calling this Verizon store out of town to see if they happen to have it. Then, I'll have to travel an hour to get it, but it would be well worth it. I think I MAY luck out, because the city of this Verizon store has so many other competing stores that carry Verizon phones, which happens to be about five other Pro Cellular stores and a Best Buy. So, I'm crossing my fingers that there happens to be one at that store. If not, well, *sighs deeply*... I can't wait so long for a phone. As of this moment, I don't have a phone. It's quite a dilema for me to wait for it. I ordered the HTC Droid Incredible, but soon after canceled it, because I don't feel like settling for it just because the Droid X wasn't able to ship in time. :( Anyway, has anybody else been going through the same thing as me? It's making me extremely frustrated. The GOOD thing about all this complicated waiting and stuff is that I have been researching and learning so much about the Droid X. I already know which apps and live wallpapers to download, which is awesome! :)

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

if you have any Wal-Marts around you, try those. a lot of people have been lucking out there.
    if it is a corporate verizon store you speak of, you wont have luck there. not a single one in the entire country has one. if you order from verizon directly, you're probably looking at approx 7 business days to ship, give or take a day or two.

MyFutureMyDroid likes this.
  3. MyFutureMyDroid

:p Thanks! Oh my gosh, I didn't even think of Walmart carrying Verizon for some reason... *slaps forehead* I checked Walmarts site and it says that my Walmart has them!!!! I hope when I'm there tomorrow, it's right! :eek: I'm also wondering something. Are the 'new' Droid X's actually brand new at Walmart or secretly refurbished? :rolleyes: I've heard that Walmart gets the crappy electronics, while stores like Best Buy get the brand new ones. I may be wrong, but that's what I've heard. I just want to double check if it's brand new or not. :) Thanks.

4. MyFutureMyDroid

You know what I HATE?! I hate the fact that when I put my zipcode in on Walmart's website, it said the Droid X was available there!!! :( I go there this morning and noooo they said they haven't had any for quite a while!!!!! I got my freaking hopes up for nothing! :\ I'm going to call all the carriers of Verizon phones out of town... At least five numbers to call! I hope one of them happens to have one... Otherwise I'm going to blow my brains out, I swear.

5. AMDXP

AMDXP Well-Known Member

Your odds of finding one will near zero, but you could get lucky. Your best bet is to simply order it on VZW's website. The date they give you will be the latest date it should ship, most people on here are getting their phones in close to half the time.

Good luck on your search.

6. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

ugh. that sucks. i'm sorry. i hope you have better luck somewhere else. you likely wont find one, but i hope you do!

7. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

Your best bet is verizonwireless.com. I guarantee you it will ship sooner. The average seems to be 7-10 days before it ships and there are signs it's gotten a little sooner lately. You won't find an X in stock at any Verizon Wireless store. I don't know of any stores receiving them at this point other than the occasional one coming in to a Premium Retailer. As others have said Wal-Mart has been the easiest place to find them but other than that order online. Shipping times have been consistently right around a week or so.

8. Statmtb

Statmtb Active Member

I ordered mine off the Verizon site yesterday and it said it would ship on 9/16. I wonder why you got 9/20?

From what I've seen, people are receiving them about a week before the estimated ship date.

9. jimmydee

jimmydee Active Member

Check E-bay I know they have them there with and without contract. I bought mine without contract and it works fine. I don't work for E-Bay this is just a suggestion.

10. Polartch

Polartch New Member

Verizon's store page on their site says by default that it will ship by the 20th. I ordered through them, and they sent me an email saying it would be shipped earlier. I think it's more of a worst-case scenario than an actual ship date.