• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are any of us eligible to upgrade...

Ok just to fully understand this upgrade thing. I checked my status and it says I qualify for the $150 saving with a 2yr contract. The Evo3d is $199 with new contract, does this mean I only pay $50 for the phone? Or do I get $150 off the $499 price?

Thank you

You will pay $199. That is the new customer/current customer price if you sign a 2 yr agreement.

My guess is it will retail for $550 - $150 (contract ext discount) - 200 (Instant savings) = $199 price they have been advertising.

Upvote 0
This number worked!!!! The guy was extremely helpful, switching me back to primary, that was the issue. He looked at how long I've been with them and he immediately went to making the change for me. No questions asked!

I would definitely check because i had the same issue.. They switched my primary phone on my family plan. However, they changed it back but it takes 2 - 3 billing cycles. I had to call again because a billing cycle passed and it wasn't updated. I got transferred a few times and said I couldnt wait for another cycle because i wanted to get a phone in June. SO they just went ahead and changed my upgrade status on that line so I could get the EVO3D in june but the actual line won't switch to primary till July or Aug.

Upvote 0
Wait -- are you trying to get an upgrade on a second line, then? Even with Premier Gold, you only get a 1-year upgrade on the main line; other lines are still 2 years. (They can switch the upgrade to another line, but for some incomprehensible reason that takes two months.)

On a separate note, where did you get this two month thing? We have 8 lines on our account, and we swap upgrades all of the time with no issue.

Upvote 0
On a separate note, where did you get this two month thing? We have 8 lines on our account, and we swap upgrades all of the time with no issue.

Two separate occasions, actually. First: earlier this year I emailed Sprint's customer service to ask them to put my wife's upgrade on my account, and she said it would take two months to make the change. She wasn't kidding -- the upgrade didn't get switched to my line until two months later.

Second time: when we needed to use the upgrade for my wife anyway, and we went into the Sprint (corporate) store to figure out how to make that happen, the guy helping me said the exact same thing -- that it takes two months to make the change if you try to just swap the main-line 1-yr Premier Gold upgrade from one line to another.

Having said that, he did make it work -- probably by swapping phone numbers around, doing the upgrade, then swapping them back, which worked great and only took a few extra minutes. (Unfortunately, I think whatever he did meant I had to start paying the $10 premium data fee for my Samsung Moment as well as on my wife's upgraded line. That was the excuse I gave when I called that magic number and asked for our second upgrade early -- that there's no reason I should be paying the premium data fee on a freakin' Moment -- and he seemed to accept that as a valid reason, with no questions.)

Upvote 0
Two separate occasions, actually. First: earlier this year I emailed Sprint's customer service to ask them to put my wife's upgrade on my account, and she said it would take two months to make the change. She wasn't kidding -- the upgrade didn't get switched to my line until two months later.

Second time: when we needed to use the upgrade for my wife anyway, and we went into the Sprint (corporate) store to figure out how to make that happen, the guy helping me said the exact same thing -- that it takes two months to make the change if you try to just swap the main-line 1-yr Premier Gold upgrade from one line to another.

Having said that, he did make it work -- probably by swapping phone numbers around, doing the upgrade, then swapping them back, which worked great and only took a few extra minutes. (Unfortunately, I think whatever he did meant I had to start paying the $10 premium data fee for my Samsung Moment as well as on my wife's upgraded line. That was the excuse I gave when I called that magic number and asked for our second upgrade early -- that there's no reason I should be paying the premium data fee on a freakin' Moment -- and he seemed to accept that as a valid reason, with no questions.)

Just an FYI I use one lines upgrade for another line that doesn't have one (I have 20 lines) all the time. Essentially I just order a phone online unactivated for line A and then when it comes in I activate it on line B. On occasion I have had a minor problem here and there doing this but I do it all the time.

Reactions: cobalt
Upvote 0
I can't get my 1 year upgrade until July 1st. Will they give me my full upgrade or am I out of luck because its not in June :(

I really liked sprint because of their one year upgrades.

Last year when I purchased my evo I was about a week away from my eligibility date. I called Sprint and talked to a Rep. I was honest and said I would love to upgrade that day but was not able to. I asked if they could let me upgrade early and she said no problem but she needed a good reason to get approval. I told her my current phone was giving me problems again and instead of sending it back to sprint for a replacement, I'd rather extend my contract and buy another phone. Her supervisor approved it no problem. Try it out on the 24th and they may hook you up.

Upvote 0
I called sprint today and they told me to call back on the 21st and to talk to telesales and that since i was a gold premier and moved down to silver because of there changes that I would just talk to them and they would approve the 150 upgrade instead of the 75 so I could get it then. Basically they said they are reseting my upgrade eligibility.

Upvote 0
I've been with Sprint for 10 months now and didn't think they would give me an early upgrade, so I was just making sure it was straight for my 1 yr upgrade in Aug.

The first rep. I talked to told me that all 3 of my lines we're set to the 22 month upgrade (including the main line). So I told her that didn't sound right and I would like to speak to a supervisor. I got my yearly upgrade in Aug. but just the $75 version. Guess I need to spend more money or just be with them a little longer!

Upvote 0
I've been with Sprint for 10 months now and didn't think they would give me an early upgrade, so I was just making sure it was straight for my 1 yr upgrade in Aug.

The first rep. I talked to told me that all 3 of my lines we're set to the 22 month upgrade (including the main line). So I told her that didn't sound right and I would like to speak to a supervisor. I got my my yearly upgrade in Aug. but just the $75 version. Guess I need to spend more money or just be with them a little longer!

Well August will make 12 months (if I did the math correctly) so you were getting 75.00 off in August anyway.

Upvote 0
Amazing how my story ended up. I purchased my EVO on launch day. (june 4}. I signed a two year contract like anyone else. I started working on a new job in october, and I re-signed a new two year contract with sprint when I applied 15% corporate discount on my monthly bill. Thinking I would have a problem getting some type of discount for the EVO 3D, I decided to call sprint. when I asked operator what type of discount I would get in my case, without questions, hesitation, looking at my history, she said she would transfer me to dept so they can give me full discount. I was like THANK YOU!

So, come june 24, I can purchase this phone at 199.00 . My, my....

Upvote 0
I was told by Radio Shack, regardless of your status, if you bought the 4G in June, you could get the 3D for $100 (if you trade in your 4G). After about 5 minutes of me saying "no, you must be wrong" he still swore it, regardless of gold, silver, or any other kind of status.

I'm still not sure, I started a thread asking anybody if they knew different. As of now, no replies, but by the time you're reading this, maybe there will be...

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/353161-early-upgrade-radio-shack-offer.html#post2809396

Upvote 0
If you got your evo 4G last year and are able to get a partial upgrade you can get it upped to a full upgrade:

PSA: Psst – You Can Get One Last Sprint Premier Yearly Upgrade, Here’s How | Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets - Android Police

I know this has been mentioned in other threads, but more people might be able to see this and get the upgrade.

Read the article above then call the number below:
(877)775-4886 <- Thanks to murusmaximus over at XDA for Posting this:
His Thread: Absolutely fantastic customer service from Sprint! - xda-developers

I already got both my evo lines upgraded!!! Bring on 3D!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones