Are Contacts Added to Phone Supposed to Sync with Gmail?Support

Last Updated:

1. sr1sws

sr1sws New Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I'm a moron, or not...

I've searched and cannot find a clear answer - when you add a contact on the phone (a "phone contact") should it sync with your Gmail?... that is, should it create a new entry in your Gmail contacts (assuming one did not already exist).

(Probably) Silly me, I expected this to happen, only it does not (or did not). New contacts added to Gmail DO sync to the phone.

Thanks to anyone who can give a definitive answer - and help me figure out what's wrong if they ARE supposed to sync to Gmail.

Steve

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Click on Menu > settings > accounts then click on your gmail account and see if sync contacts is checked. I thought it synced both ways.

3. sr1sws

Yeah, it's checked.

4. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

So last night I added a contact to my phone, just checked gmail now and it did sync. The only other options I could find that may need to be checked are: go to contacts > menu > more > settings and see if the sync is checked there. Also, do you have background data on?

5. sr1sws

Well, I just tried it again... and of course it worked. Maybe I was just having a bad day before... but good to know it's supposed to work and does work.

Thanks all!

Steve