Are Ipod headsets fully compatable w/inc?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. aevanee

aevanee Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking to get a set of wired 3.5mm headphones for my Incredible and would like to be able to play/shuffle music and receive calls from a button near the mic. I notice that a lot of sellers are claiming their product works with iPhone and iPod products and was wondering if that should also work with the incredible. For example-
    [​IMG]Headset Headphone Earphone For i Pod iPhone 3G 3GS NANO - eBay (item 290428118155 end time Apr-25-10 11:00:43 PDT)

"You can control music playback, answer calls, pause music, forward to the next song, etc. all by pressing the button on the mic."

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. theotherrogue

theotherrogue Well-Known Member

3. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

4. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Well-Known Member

If they are, the ones from Zagg look nice... I will keep an eye on this thread for the answer..

5. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

There's an app in the market called Droidshuffle that should work with the one-clicker headsets, but more complex ones with ff and rw buttons (like my beats, unfortunately) are incompatible with Android.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aevanee likes this.
  6. aevanee

aevanee Active Member This Topic's Starter

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

7. jpallen77

jpallen77 Well-Known Member

Bluetooth stereo a2dp headsets worK flawless. I have an Altec Lansing Backbeat and love it. All music functions work and calls work perfectly.

8. N2Stooges

N2Stooges Member

Can folks please chime in on what make/model of Bluetooth stereo headphones you are using and whether or not all functions work properly with the Droid Incredible? There seems to be some debate as to whether all functions (including skip fwd/back) really work with the Incredible.

Any other comments regarding stereo sound quality, phone call quality, ease of use etc. would be extremely appreciated.

9. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

If you are asking about actual Ipod headsets as in those that come with the iPod/iPhone, then no, they are not fully compatible. I cannot control volume using the ones that came with my iPod on my Incredible. All I can do is pause and play music, can't even skip to the next one. However, I only tested this with the default HTC music player. They might work on another player just fine.

10. N2Stooges

N2Stooges Member

THanks for the reply...I wasn't interested in Apple iPhone-compatible headphones but more generally what Bluetooth headphones are people using with their Droid Incredible and what functions operate as-expected on their headphones.

11. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't see how old this thread was. I guess I should have taken notice to its age when the ebay link no longer worked. Sorry that I can't answer your question.

12. mallinj

mallinj Well-Known Member

Do you get any skipping? I stream to a Motorola T505 by Bluetooth and music skips about once per every two mins.

13. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

I have the Apple ear buds that I used on my iPhone. The volume buttons do not work with the DINC, but I can do everything else

14. memillh

memillh Well-Known Member

The app, MixZing will allow you to use skip to the next track via double-clicking the mic button on iPhone headphones..

15. mooboy

mooboy Member

Meridian Media Player will also let you skip using double-click.

16. thosj

thosj Member

Shure SE115m+ work for skip forward/back (double click/triple click), pause (1 click), answer/hangup when phone rings, but volume control doesn't work with the Incredible. Sound is great, too!!

17. Reprobate

Reprobate Active Member

Monster Cable has headphones with "controltalk" for iPod, but there is a list on their website about which phones are also compatible - no Android phones on there BUT:

I tried out the Dre Beats with controltalk at Bestbuy and the Apple store and they are mostly functional except for the volume, though you will want to stop using the Incredible's built in music player if you want to skip tracks.