Are my googling skills fading? Fresh V Modaco

Last Updated:

1. Toyzruskid1976

Toyzruskid1976 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just like new toys.. new things to play with... probably the reason I have a box at home that is constantly getting new O/S... just for the sheer enjoyment of reimaging and playing with new electronic toys. (OK so I got insulted while watching Big Bang Theory where Sheldon was getting all excited about re-imaging his PC and installing his myriad of partitions and O/Ss and software... a friend of mine said "OMG What a dork" meanwhile I sat there all giddy because I wanted to hep")
    but I digress...

I can't find a definitive post to as which rom is better and why.

Does one exist?

Is it just a matter of pref.

Hell i can't even figure out the differences in the two.

I'm going to install Modaco just for the sake of doing it (been running Fresh for a few weeks issue free) but figured I'd ask.. is there really a difference, or is it all fun and games.

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

neither is necessarily better than the other, it's all personal preference. Some people will swear on their lives that Modaco's is faster, and yet others will swear that Fresh is faster. I'm on Modaco 2.2 at the moment, but it doesn't look anything like the stock version since I've flashed a couple of themes, taskbars, and lockscreens. In fact, it looks very similar to Fresh 1.1 right now. The only reason I haven't flashed back to Fresh is because I haven't noticed a difference between the two, so there hasn't been much of a reason to lol

3. Toyzruskid1976

Toyzruskid1976 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

meh... I put Modaco 2.2 on and it seems a lot slower... I'll play with it for a few days. Didn't see any new and improved perks... I did see all the bloat ware came back.

I assume I can go into recover and just re-load Fresh 1.1 if I want to go back?

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

yep.. just flash back to Fresh...