• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are my reading comprehension skills rusty?

I assumed everybody would read my mind and understand that I ordered online. :) If you go to their web site and select 'special offers,' that's where this is. And I DO think it's malicious, because you most certainly CAN add toppings to the specialty pizzas--I always do. My favorite is the spinach alfredo, to which I always add 4 or 5 toppings. The problem with their 'special offer...up to 5 toppings...ANY large pizza...including specialty' is that unless you actively LOOK for the asterisk sentence, and just plunge in and choose the specialty pizza you want, you're immediately taken to the 'customize your pizza' page--where you can add toppings. It's only AFTER you've added it to your cart that you see it's not $12 at all, but $18 [or whatever, depending on how many toppings]. I find that deceptive.

Ah, I see where you are coming from now. I was thinking you could just get the ingredients you want instead of ordering the "specialty" and adding to it, but in your case they probably wouldn't do it with the Alfredo sauce. See what you get for being fancy?:p
I've never ordered a pizza online before. My phone still likes to make a call occasionally or it gets grouchy lol.:)

Upvote 0
Ah, I see where you are coming from now. I was thinking you could just get the ingredients you want instead of ordering the "specialty" and adding to it, but in your case they probably wouldn't do it with the Alfredo sauce. See what you get for being fancy?:p
:D :D

I've never ordered a pizza online before. My phone still likes to make a call occasionally or it gets grouchy lol.:)
I've been ordering pizza online for so long I'd seriously be lost if I had to do it by phone or--perish the thought!--in person. :eek:

Besides, in my case, my smartphone isn't smart enough to actually get a signal in my house. :rolleyes: Thank you, AT&T. :mad: Thank goodness I have--and will have, until they're obsolete--an actual, hardwired, landline that's never, ever unusable. So what DO I do with my Android phone? Play games on it, of course! :laugh:

Upvote 0
Like any of those people use computers... :rolleyes:

I cant believe you would say such a thing in the 21st century. :mad:

I am sure...
the local watering hole that plays the role of the town bar/post office/ library/ barbershop/ gas station should have the compatible IBM clone 486 with MS Windows 3.1 on a 28.8 baud modem. :smokingsomb:

that should be enough to order some pizzas.

Upvote 0

I am sure...
the local watering hole that plays the role of the town bar/post office/ library/ barbershop/ gas station should have the compatible IBM clone 486 with MS Windows 3.1 on a 28.8 baud modem. :smokingsomb:

Huh, and I thought the last two working ones were at my workplace... they are already showing signs of immanent failure, and it's gonna suck trying to get replacement parts.

Maybe I'll have to go to Barstow and upgrade them...

Upvote 0
Now, the way *I* interpret this is...ANY large pizza with up to 5 toppings INCLUDING specialty pizzas. Right?

So you really think P-Hut really thinks anyone in their right mind would actually order a Specialty Pizza WITH five EXTRA toppings? :D

"Yes, I will have the Meat Lover's specialty Pizza..the one with Pepperoni, Ham, Pork, Beef, Italian Sausage and Bacon; but I want the five extra tioppings in your ad that are free: more pork, anchovies, chicken, green peppers and tomatos?"

"So your order is for the Pepperoni, Ham, Pork, Beef, Italian Sausage, Bacon, more pork, anchovies, chicken, green peppers and tomatos"

Really? :D

Just order the bucket of wings with canadian bacon, ham, tomatoes, anchovies and pinapple and be done with it, man! :D

And a diet pepto on ice, too.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'll have to go to Barstow and upgrade them...

Good idea.

Just go past Flloyd's Fix-It Shop, past the sherrif's office (be sure to wave at Andy and Barney or you will have to let yourself in to the jail cell like Otis Campbell does) and stop at the Five and Dime.

Ask Timmy for a new 8088 to replace the 8086.

This week, he has a special on 512 K memory upgrades and get one of those 20 megabyte drives, too.

Upvote 0

I am sure...

I think you made a typo! Surely you didn't mean a 486...perhaps a 286. :D I'm not so sure about that 28.8 modem, either. I'm thinking more like 9600. :laugh:

Upvote 0
This is a blatant advertising ploy-- the intent is to lure customers into ordering a specialty pizza and then adding toppings. They store employees won't say anything either until they get a few complaints about how their $12 pizza doesn't cost $12...

It is legal, but it is a reason for me, as an intelligent consumer, to not shop with that company.

My best guess is it is not legal if the attempt is to defraud the buyer. No matter how cleverly the ad is written, I do not think there can be an attempt to defraud us or the company is headed to court.

In my opinion, P-Hut is not trying anything funny. Just a matter of poor writing perhaps.

Who buys polymer pizza pies from P-Hut, anyway? I swear their cheese is manufactured by Foxconn from post-consumer cheese like solids.

Besides, every pizza lover knows that Utah pizza is renowned the world over, so come here.

Upvote 0
So you really think P-Hut really thinks anyone in their right mind would actually order a Specialty Pizza WITH five EXTRA toppings? :D

"Yes, I will have the Meat Lover's specialty Pizza..the one with Pepperoni, Ham, Pork, Beef, Italian Sausage and Bacon; but I want the five extra tioppings in your ad that are free: more pork, anchovies, chicken, green peppers and tomatos?"

"So your order is for the Pepperoni, Ham, Pork, Beef, Italian Sausage, Bacon, more pork, anchovies, chicken, green peppers and tomatos"

Really? :D

Just order the bucket of wings with canadian bacon, ham, tomatoes, anchovies and pinapple and be done with it, man! :D

And a diet pepto on ice, too.
Well, to begin with, it was Papa John's, not Pizza Hut. Maybe YOUR reading comprehension skills are as rusty as mine! :D

Second, I'm vegetarian, so no flesh of sentient beings on any pizza I order. No wings, either.

Just FWIW, when I order the spinach alfredo--or a cheese pizza--from Papa John's, with or without special offers, I add: onions, green peppers, mushrooms, black olives, and Roma tomatoes. :)

Upvote 0
Well, to begin with, it was Papa John's, not Pizza Hut. Maybe YOUR reading comprehension skills are as rusty as mine! :D

Second, I'm vegetarian, so no flesh of sentient beings on any pizza I order. No wings, either.

Just FWIW, when I order the spinach alfredo--or a cheese pizza--from Papa John's, with or without special offers, I add: onions, green peppers, mushrooms, black olives, and Roma tomatoes. :)

Gawd . . . how did i mix them up? Papa Johns is not a fav, but it will do. Just as long as they provide those little three leg doll house tables with each order.

Upvote 0
sssshhhh...... whispers...

I think he is somewhere north of that... don't tell him I said that.

You, darn kid . . get of my lawn, dag nabbit. BTW, the noise in the background is the walker, sorry, I need oil. I lost the can after oiling my fake hip. Time for my Geritol drip and some soft pudding at the 3:00 dinner hour, so where did I leave my teeth? At least my memory is great.

You, darn kid . . get of my lawn, dag nabbit. BTW, the noise in the background is the walker, sorry, I need oil. I lost the can after oiling my fake hip. Time for my Geritol drip and some soft pudding at the 3:00 dinner hour, so where did I leave my teeth? At least my memory is great.

What? Is this thing on?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/08/article-1249468-02A9E07400000578-757_468x286.jpg

As I was saying, You, darn kid . . get of my lawn, dag nabbit.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones