• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are qwerty androids buggy?

Sento

Jan 19, 2011
My fone been acting funny...freezing...randomly shutting down...the guy at best buy said qwerty androids are bad like milestone, Lg sliding fones..etc....i talked to the guy at radio schack and he said the same thing and thats the reasong google doesnt make nexus with keyboard and iphone doesnt have one either.

My fone been acting funny...freezing...randomly shutting down...the guy at best buy said qwerty androids are bad like milestone, Lg sliding fones..etc....i talked to the guy at radio schack and he said the same thing and thats the reasong google doesnt make nexus with keyboard and iphone doesnt have one either.

In short, no. My evo shift runs perfect.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Nonsense. We have a qwerty slider, HTC Evo Shift, with absolutely zero issues since we got it last January, it's a totally great phone.

Then there's the most recognized Android phone by name in the USA - the Droid. That's a slider.

The original Android phone was the G1 - slider.

The list goes on and on.

Sounds like someone serving baloney instead of serving you.

Reactions: IOWA
Upvote 0
HTC, LG and Motorola sell a lot of phones with keyboards. Some people love them. Personally, I don't, but it's got nothing to do with reliability. It's simply personal preference. You'll have to ask Apple and Google and Samsung their particular reasons for not having a physical keyboard.

The freezing and random reboots are indicative of a system problem. The easiest to fix is a failing sd card. Try replacing your MicroSD card and see if the problems ease up a bit. It could also be a poorly written app that, especially if your phone is rooted, interacts with the system in ways it shouldn't. If you think that this problem started after you installed a specific app or widget, then try uninstalling it. It could also be as simple as moving a widget or service to the SD card. These kind of apps should always be run from the phone's internal memory. Even running very low on memory might cause instability.

One other, but rare, possibility is dirty SD card, SIM or battery contacts. Shut down your phone and remove all three and clean the contacts with a little isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab.

You could have corrupted a necessary system file or app. Static discharge ... battery dying in the middle of a read/write ... poorly applied system update, etc can all cause file corruption in any device. A factory reset would be the next course of action.

If you try all of the above and nothing seems to restore your phone to it's original stability, you may have failing hardware. A replacement phone might be in order.

Upvote 0
No in fact having a physical keyboard is an advantage even if you prefer not to use it on certain sites. Disqus sites for instance fail on no physical keyboard phones (dolphine hd browser). Anyways had the droid 1 for 2 yrs and it was very stable.

Btw qwerty is a keyboard layout. Chances are both the physical and ts keyboard are qwerty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones