• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck on the Mark

How can the highly volatile hate speak which Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck use further the public discourse. Is Obama a Nazi? Are we really an arms length from Communism. To listen to these two guys you would think the United States will be the next USSR.

Seems to me, you need to listen to Rush Limbaugh and stop reading what the left says about him.

Hate is not what he is about. Truth is, and he speaks the truth. This is not just a right wing opinion, it is verifiable. He has a Sullivan Group rating of over 98% (perhaps 98.5 or so).

Also, if you listen and disagree, try researching the facts for yourself. None of us like our sacred cows killed, and that is what he does on a regular basis.

You might not like his style, but calling him a liar or hate monger is silly because you would be wrong according to the facts. And always remember, you are entitled to your own opinion, but never your own facts.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0
Teaser 'graphs from the above wiki link:

"Tom Sullivan ( Thomas M. Sullivan, b. about 1949) is a business news anchor for the Fox Business Network, who also hosts a syndicated radio talk show on the Fox News Radio network."

"Self-described as "fiscally conservative, socially it-depends", the success of his show, and his personal friendship with Rush Limbaugh whom he met at KFBK in the early 1980s, resulted in his occasional appearance as a stand-in host on The Rush Limbaugh Show. Sullivan's prior investment group is The Sullivan Group that Limbaugh cites as the official auditor of his claim to be"documented to be almost always right" some specific percentage of the time.

"Sullivan was a guest host for Limbaugh's show for many years, but no longer fills in for Limbaugh due to starting his own national show. Jason Lewis replaced him in the substitute host rotation."

Upvote 0
Seems to me, you need to listen to Rush Limbaugh and stop reading what the left says about him.

Hate is not what he is about. Truth is, and he speaks the truth. This is not just a right wing opinion, it is verifiable. He has a Sullivan Group rating of over 98% (perhaps 98.5 or so).

. And always remember, you are entitled to your own opinion, but never your own facts.

Bob Maxey

Limbaugh is a liar. It has been proved over and over and over and over. The Sullivan Group rating is pure b.s...Sullivan is just another right-winger.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Limbaugh is a liar. It has been proved over and over and over and over. The Sullivan Group rating is pure b.s...Sullivan is just another right-winger.

It is easy to say what you said, so how about some proof? Not the usual "proof" but source material. Perhaps you are confused? Until then, you are lust another liberal screaming and ranting.

Sad indeed.

Upvote 0
There may be hope to deprogram Dittoheads cult members, they just need to stop drinking the kool-aid.:nurse:

Daily Kos: Thoughts From a Reformed Dittohead

"When I utilized the education I was receiving and applied it, I discovered that I was, to put it bluntly, an idiot. Not one single view I'd absorbed from the right was in sync with reality that I had observed (finally without the discolored lenses I'd donned as a youth). Not one. As my education was in the sciences and engineering, this appalled me. I had learned that our views, our hypotheses and theories about the nature of reality were to be governed by our observations and a rational, careful understanding of these observations. This isn't to say we should all behave as Spock-like quasi-automatons; only that we, as creatures with the capability to be rational, should not be shy or hesitant about applying a bit of reason when introspecting and when attempting to understand the events of the world around us.

And almost all of the right's views, hypotheses, and theories were and are "wrong" from this perspective. They don't pass the empirical test."

Upvote 0
A lot of the "right"s views have been somewhat correct over the years. Stuff like pension ages, some elements of neoliberal economics (some!), etc.

When the right wants to reduce taxes the top 40% or so pay, it is catering to the rich and "why not give tax breaks to the bottom half?" they ask. You tell them that the bottom 40% or do not pay federal taxes and they call you a liar.

When you want to reduce people's dependence on welfare, many complain. Especially the long term unemployed and entire generations of people on public assistance who would rather abuse the system than go to work.

When the right "clings to their bibles and guns" they are made fun of by many on the left that do not understand how important religion is to some/many people and clinging or not, it is our RIGHT! Not a law, a RIGHT, PERIOD!

We cannot own guns because some fool says it is bad, all the while ignoring the Constitution, which is OK, until you decide to make rules about free speech, then you are an arse hole and the very people that want to ignore the constitution, try to use that document to protect their right to piss on the flag or shut the hell up people like Rush.

When you talk of immigration reform, you hate Mexicans. When you say that you think abortion is wrong, you hate women. When you think homosexuality is wrong, you are a ***** bashing, dangerous, right-wing hate filled wacky old SOB of an extremist.

The right can not have Straight Pride Day or White Pride Day because it is racist and filled with hate. Gays and blacks can and it is seen as a matter of pride. Get a clue . . . I am GD proud to be white and straight as an arrow. I do not hate negros or homos. I think recreational abortion must stopo and I do not hate women. I think lots of hatefull things and thoughts, I suppose.

When the leaders of Mexico talk about how terrible US immigration laws are--unfair is the usual word--they are applauded by a public that seems to either not know Mexico's laws or they ignore them.

Mexico has harsh rules and draconian penalties if you are caught in their country illegally. Americans are forbidden from owning property in Mexico, but illegals likely got mortgages.

When the left talks about the mortgage meltdown, it is the bank's fault; they tend to ignore who is ON THE GD record and who actually thought it was a good idea and all they can say is it is the darn right that is to blame or the banks. People love to hate us and ignore the facts that might change their mind.

When the right talks about it, well, we are liars. We can prove our case with facts and still, we are liars. Nothing pisses me off more than some idiot that ignores actual facts and goes to the web for the truth. Or at least a truth that fits his or her screwy ideas. So many fools in this country, I am amazed we do not fly into the moon.

This kind of BS is why we are not the America we once was and if it does not stop, well, you will still blame the right/Limbaugh/the bible.

When the left talks about the right and hate speech, they seem to ignore what comes out of the mouths of many on the left. Many use Rush as an example of a hate monger, but they do not actually listen to him. They listen(ed) to Air America.

I listen to Rush and either he is misquoted by the media or they use spin. Rush is not hate filled and nobody seems to be able to prove Rush supporters wrong. Rush does not lie and when I ask for examples, the "proof" is BS.

They do not bother to post exact words; they rely on other fools that also have it wrong. Either because they are stupid fools or they want to further an agenda.

This upsets me because I stand proudly on the right and I am tired of being called nasty things by idiots and abject morons who are likely filled with far more hate than I; they lack the education to know much anyway. About all they can do is post BS on the web and their followers believe it.

If I were in charge, I would remove the barriers to producing oil, reduce the tax on the top 30-90 percent, come up with a ten page health bill and kill Obama Care. I would increase Gitmo's budget and make sure no state can take away our guns. I would try to pass a national law that lets any non-felon or clinical idiot walk into their store and buy a gun after a 30 second background check.

I would launch a Grace Report style effort to remove and stop as much government waste as possible.

I would launch a Kennedy style "Space Program" to build jobs, reduce government spending, put people back to work and become the ONLY place on the planet you want to conduct business.

I would do many things that will hurt people and that is how President Maxey would be portrayed by the liberal media. Forgetting that whatever I did would pass muster and would be legal. A new concept for many in power because they seem not to care about the founders, the perfect documents they created and the rule of law. Makes me sick.

I would take us back to a time when people were not as foolish as they seem to be today and as Gaws awful stupid many of you likely think I am, I would fix this country or die trying.

I would be assassinated at worse a single term president at best and the left would explode in one large fireball. I would make it abundantly clear to our enemies that it is OK to hate us from afar, but when you decide to start it up, enjoy it while you can because I will end your country.

You think Shock and Awe was impressive, try living in a country filled with cinders and a big frigging hole. I will make sure the last thing anyone wants to do is attack us. I'm thinking a dozen bombers loaded with some nice, warming FAEs.

So you all hate me yet? I am so upset, to hell with the speel chacker or proofreadering.

Upvote 0
There may be hope to deprogram Dittoheads cult members, they just need to stop drinking the kool-aid.:nurse:

Daily Kos: Thoughts From a Reformed Dittohead

"When I utilized the education I was receiving and applied it, I discovered that I was, to put it bluntly, an idiot. Not one single view I'd absorbed from the right was in sync with reality that I had observed (finally without the discolored lenses I'd donned as a youth). Not one. As my education was in the sciences and engineering, this appalled me. I had learned that our views, our hypotheses and theories about the nature of reality were to be governed by our observations and a rational, careful understanding of these observations. This isn't to say we should all behave as Spock-like quasi-automatons; only that we, as creatures with the capability to be rational, should not be shy or hesitant about applying a bit of reason when introspecting and when attempting to understand the events of the world around us.

And almost all of the right's views, hypotheses, and theories were and are "wrong" from this perspective. They don't pass the empirical test."

The Daily Kos? Really? You are going with that?

Upvote 0
... I listen to Rush and either he is misquoted by the media or they use spin. Rush is not hate filled and nobody seems to be able to prove Rush supporters wrong. Rush does not lie and when I ask for examples, the "proof" is BS.

They do not bother to post exact words; they rely on other fools that also have it wrong. Either because they are stupid fools or they want to further an agenda. ...

And I'll keep posting reminders of proven Rush lying. http://androidforums.com/politics-current-affairs/555353-mitt-romney-cayman-islands.html#post4625973

Upvote 0
The right can not have Straight Pride Day or White Pride Day because it is racist and filled with hate. Gays and blacks can and it is seen as a matter of pride. Get a clue . . . I am GD proud to be white and straight as an arrow. I do not hate negros or homos. I think recreational abortion must stopo and I do not hate women. I think lots of hatefull things and thoughts, I suppose.

I never understood this line of thinking.

Being white/black or straight/gay or whatever is not an accomplishment or an accompishment by family/friends, so exactly why is there 'pride?'

Am I proud of being male? No, I was born male and did not 'achieve' male - it is just who I am.

Upvote 0
I never understood this line of thinking.

Being white/black or straight/gay or whatever is not an accomplishment or an accompishment by family/friends, so exactly why is there 'pride?'

Am I proud of being male? No, I was born male and did not 'achieve' male - it is just who I am.

My guess is that any group of straights or whites that want to have a pride parade are likely looking for a battle. Not all of them, but at least more than just a few.

That said, if your motives are pure, you should be able to have one. You might find it hard to sign up sponsors. Bad PR and all that. We know as soon as some corporate leader says he or she disagrees with gay marriage, he or she is made to suffer.

Chick-fil-a earned this as I recall. My theory is many well-off people with power agree with CFA but they do not want to suffer.

For the record, I am proud that I never went to jail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones